Caught Red Handed

Lucy sighs, leaning against the outside of her door. It’s only been a week since Loke and her decided to start dating in secret. It’s not against the law for Celestial Spirits and their Holders to date, but Lucy is nervous about letting others know about her relationship. She turns and slips into her home.

            “Lucy? Where have you been?” Natsu grumbles as he sits up in Lucy’s bed, his hair a ruffled mess.

            “Natsu! Why are you in my house?”

            “Me and Happy wanted to go on a job with you, but it’s your turn to pick. So we came to get you,” Natsu looks out the window at the rising sun and scratches his head. “Where have you been? We’ve been here all night…”

            Happy starts to stir in his sleep and Lucy stares at his sleeping form, trying to come up with a good explanation. She shifts her weight from foot to foot and fiddles with her keys. Her fingers trace Loke’s key and she pauses.

            “Natsu, I was w-”

            “Hey, why do you smell like Loke? Were you in a battle? Did you go on a job without me and Happy?” Natsu springs from the bed and closes in on Lucy.

            “What? No, I-”

            “You guys must have been really close, did he have to carry you or something? You reek of his scent,” Natsu mutters as he lifts her right hand to his nose and sniffs it. Then he looks at her face and something sparks behind his eyes.

            “Natsu…” Lucy whispers as he drops her hand and takes a step back.

            “Your lips are swollen and you are completely covered in Loke’s scent. You just got home after being gone all night long. I guess no on a job, huh?” Natsu backs up to the bed and shakes Happy.

            “Aye?”

            “Come on, Happy. Let’s go home.”

            “Natsu? What’s wrong?” Happy yawns, rubbing a paw across his eye.

            “Nothings wrong,” Natsu whispers as he hops out Lucy’s window. Happy glances at Lucy and then flies after him.

            “Natsu…”