Chapter 25

To be honest, all I wanted was to turn back time. Turn back time and make sure none of this happened. Turn back time so that I was with my parents again. Turn back time to let Emma, Brandon and Henry live. I never wanted this. I only wanted to have a good life, one without all of this. 

I walk along the foot paths of the city, noticing a television store with a single TV on. The news is on and the 'BREAKING NEWS' headline is showing up. I wonder what happened- I suddenly see a picture of myself on the middle of the screen. My eyes widen. The subtitles on the screen show what the new reader is saying.

'Cameron Baxter, wanted for the murder of five people. Originally these murders had not been connected but it was an anonymous tip that the police used to lead them to this seventeen year old boy.

His parents were found murdered in the same way about two weeks ago and Cameron Baxter has been wanted for questioning but there has been no sign of him. The police have come to the conclusion that he also committed his parents murder bringing the count to seven people.

It is believed that he is in league with a terrorist group. Please exercise caution when wandering the cities, there is a killer on the loose.'

I sigh and start to walk away knowing that there could be cameras anywhere. If the police are looking for me for seven murders; many of which he did not do then they are looking for me religiously.

It was lucky that Charlotte, Andy and Kiera had not been found to be associating with me. By the time they would start to look for them, they would be long gone. 

I walked and walked, knowing that it would take a while to get to the house that I once called home. The place where I stored my belongings such as the violin I had been given... It was a quiet night... almost too quiet.

As I walk alone on the foot path towards the housing estate we had been living in, I see red and blue lights flashing around our house. I look on confused about whats going on. It's when I get closer that I see they're bringing out the box where we kept our weapons, multiple bags of evidence sit in a box nearby, specifically the files we had been given to complete a job.

"They're onto you," A voice says from behind me, I instantly know who it is. Maria.

"You did this. Didn't you?" I say my voice unwavering.

"We did, but it will be fine... I'm sure they won't find your little friends. They definitely won't find three of them," Maria chuckles.

"No. Because they're dead." I turn around to her, "Why are you here? To kill me? To gloat?"

"No... this is punishment enough," She motions to the police who don't know we are standing there, "You'll tell me what a couple of years in prison is like won't you?"

"I won't let that happen."

"Well, you're only going to delay the inevitable." Maria steps closer to me running her finger along my jaw, "I did like you Cameron. I won't deny it but turning against my father and me? That's unforgivable."

"I expect you'll come running to us when you get out." 

And with that she disappeared out of thin air. It was as if she was never there.

Instead of walking to the house and toward the police, I walk the opposite direction. The darkness enveloping my form so they don't see me. I'm a shadow waiting to attack anyone that wants to attack me, ready to kill.

It easy to say that my soul has been destroyed by all this killing. I will be going to hell for this, my innocence ruined by the legacy my parents had once held. I am ready for the last part of myself to be killed. There's no going back. I am an assassin.