Chapter 6

"Your first task is easy. It's a simple kill and is of a guilty man" Xander says with an angry voice.

"Who is this guilty man Xander?" I ask looking up to him curiously, I see envy in his eyes as well as some rage and hardness.

Xander stops pacing and looks at me like I'm a student getting expelled, trust me I've seen a person look like that before but not in front of me.

"This is no game Cameron Baxter. You are their leader who is supposed to support them, not galavant around and pull their hairs out of their heads." He says seriously.

"She was being-"

"No excuses. Just because she was being an arrogant bitch doesn't mean you should have treated her like that" Xander says looking deadly serious. I nod and look down to the floor not mumbling a thing afraid I will get my arse kicked.

"His name is Harold Benedict, he is a known thief and person who does horrible things to women. Do you think you can handle this? Do you think you can find him and bring him to justice?"

"Yes sir." I say saluting him jokingly, for the first time in ages- Sorry- ever he gives me a small chuckle making me smile at least a tiny bit.

"Get this done and you'll be able to rank up from Newbie just as your whole team will be able to. Now I bid you fair well as I have my own work to do." Xander says walking out of the door giving me no smile or laugh again, he just left it at that. A single fair well, I wonder why he doesn't give me anymore because during training he was laughing and smiling when I was watching him do his own thing.

I let myself relax a bit before finally laying back down onto my bed, I start to think of what might have happened when I was away from school. I actually think I lost track of the amount of time I've been away from school and my friends. Including Maria, Tyler and Marcus aka Mr Popular, wow I don't think that I'd be thinking one bit about Marcus cause you know he's such a jock though he was my friend once upon a time. We have also played football together for the last couple of years.

A knock comes at my door and I say come in, Charlotte steps inside looking quite nervous. She must have gotten her first assignment just as I have, she looks straight to the floor still holding her tongue and not speaking.

"What's up Charlotte?" I ask her looking a bit worried.

"Well. Uh I don't want to be the one to tell you but... They're playing with your violin." I stand straight up from my bed and storm out of the room barging past Charlotte.

"Cam! I promise you I wasn't involved!" Charlotte yells while following me.

"Charlotte. Stay away." I say angrily.

Coming up to the kitchen I start to hear the faint sounds of bad violin music, I can't believe my own friends would try to aggravate me since I've gone through ten times as much as them. They would never be allowed to touch it, it brings back many memories. They have items from their parents and they'd want to keep them safe and not let anyone touch them, so why are they touching my violin?

"Put that down!" I order stepping closer to them, they all turn around in shock. Emma, Brandon and Andrew back away from Henry whose holding the violin, Henry straightens up and looks at me with hard eyes.

"We are only having a play." Henry says strongly with no nerves, I see it in his eyes. He is petrified of me, probably for what I did to Kiera who isn't here. She's probably in her room still crying.

"It's mine. And you know that. Don't touch it again. Or you will pay" I say gritting my teeth.

"I-I'm so sorry Cam" I look straight at Emma and back to Henry who is stuttering his words now.

"Put it down!" I almost scream, Henry slowly puts the violin down and shuffles away nervously along with Emma, Brandon and Andrew.

How could they touch this knowing it was mine? Did they know I felt so strongly about it? Or did they just not care about my feelings? A hand comes on my shoulder, I recognise it's Charlotte.

"I'm sure they did'nt know it was yours." She says trying to not make me even angrier, it works. I turn to look at her and in the corner of my eye I see Kiera watching us, she has makeup smudged all over her face and there are still tears running down her face.

"Thanks Charlotte for telling me about this. I really appreciate it." I say packing away my violin still looking at Charlotte, giving her a slight smile I give her the violin. "Keep it safe for me?".

"Sure Cam. Anything for a friend" She says with a small smile, wandering off with the case in her hands.

"Kiera. I know you are there, come out so we can talk." I say not looking toward the spot she is standing in, I look behind and see her standing with her head down.

"Look Kiera. I'm sorry for what I did earlier. I lost control." I say scratching the back of my head, I actually feel really guilty for what I had done to her. It was so cruel.

"Yeah. You did" She says still having her head down, she finally pulls her head up and looks straight at me in the eyes "You're the leader of this place. You should know better, I know I was right to hate you when I first saw you. I saw the cruelness in your eyes and I saw that you hate the people who killed your parents. Its like you want to kill them".

I do want to kill them, that's what I want to say to her but i know I can't. She has no idea what I plan to do to the people who killed my parents. Who took my life away from me, even though that the life is luxurious and we do have a day life we have.

"Kiera. You know what I first thought of you when I first saw you. I mean the millionth time I've seen you? You were too familiar for my liking but it took some thinking to know. You're from my school. The nerdy girl who I was friends with in seventh grade in Washington was you. I didn't think at first but I knew somehow after I left you became tougher."

"It took you this long? Seriously. We were friends for a whole year! I suppose you only make friends and dump them after a year like you did to me." She says crossing her arms.

My phone beeps and reminds me I need to do some research on this 'Harold Benedict', I knew that I had to leave this conversation behind but i knew Kiera wouldn't let me go.

"Go. You obviously are the only one who got a task from big bad Xander." She says storming off leaving me in the kitchen alone. Hopping up the stairs two at a time I grab my laptop and search his name in Google.

It comes up with multiple search options and I click on the one closest to the top, Humanis Industries. Which is a company which experiments on animals to find cures for the human body. It says it involves taking the animals from the wild and putting them in large environmental containment units. Our Harold Benedict owns this large company and has multiple awards for being environmentally friendly. Not likely.

I look back to Google and find there are large court orders against him and his company, opening one I read it and it says:

Harold Benedict, a normal middle aged man making a living out of his large company called 'Human Industries' by experimenting on the poor little animals of our wild which is now crumbling mostly because of his organisation.

Although the government has approved such things the public don't approve. Multiple rape charges have passed the jury's and found the man innocent, and then there had been a fair share of stealing from other major companies to build up his mountain made of metal. Why were the jury so scared of Mr Benedict? Did he blackmail them? Did he assault them?

Why is this man doing so much to our community? Hurting people and animals? When we wanted to interview Mr Benedict he said he had no comments what so ever. The question is What is he hiding? And what will he do next?

I look at the Humanis website again and get the address for his company and the phone number just to be sure so I can follow him home and complete this first task. This is going to be easy.