Chapter 3

My guards, Caleb and Toby lead me to the food counter where the servers are only serving rice and chicken. I get a quick glance to the tables and see a group of small people surrounded by guards, maybe they are like me? I think to myself.

"Get a move on Cameron" Caleb says from behind, I walk forward slowly holding a plate, I wait for the chef to notice me before asking for the meal. When he doesn't I give him a little cough. He looks up from his work and stares at me.

"Smaller version of Xander." He says talking to Caleb.

"Pretty much, he's one of the newbies" Caleb replies.

"Ok better hope he doesn't... You know what" The chef says putting a bit of rice on my tray, then he puts a small amount of chicken on too. I look up to the chef again for a slight glance at him and I notice he's an older fellow, I also have no idea what he's talking about when saying "Ok better hope he doesn't... You know what" maybe he means die? I'm not so sure, I cant guess about everything everyone says.

"Go over there with that lot" Caleb says pointing to the group of smaller people, maybe they are my age. They arent much smaller than I am, well compared to the people in the rest of this room yes that group and I are both small. I start to walk slowly toward them and the table they are sitting at and I stare at them, they look affraid. No one should have to be so affraid of something especially in the situation, away from their parents, friends and school. Some look happy yet have something in their eyes to show they are actually scared of the futures that they might have ahead of them.

"Stop gawking and sit down Cameron" Caleb says coming up from behind. The group look up to me and most of the give me a sheepish smile, I look at a girl and find she has a frown. Why would she be frowning? Of course asking herself in her head 'What is he doing here?', and for some reason she looks familiar probably ive seen in the city before.

"Hi" I say sitting down.

"So whats your story? Howd they get you?" One of the boys asks.

"Kidnapped me..." I say looking down to my plate, picking up my fork and shoveling a piece of chicken in my mouth.

"Anything else? I seem to have found some common things in this group that all our parents are dead" He says, I look up to him and nod a tiny bit.

"Ah. When did they do it?" He says uncaringly.

"I dont know when exactly they did it but I only know they did it. And they will pay for it for ruining my entire life" Gripping my fork I stab it hard into the table only making small dints.

"You play an instrument" A younger girl says, I look at her shocked. How could she have known that? It wasnt like i was telling them the story of my life, my life was a complete and utter disaster now. I have nothing left to go back to, nothing...

"How did you know?" I ask her.

"Your fingers... They are so light and delicate, you do everything with care. Even when you stabbed the fork into the table. I know cause I am a musician and I would have liked to make my life out of it." She says shyly "You see I play the piano" She says holding her hands out for everyone to see. They are beautiful, the skin looks so soft and light as she said mine was.

"I play the violin and-" I start before getting cut off but the frowning girl.

"Woopi you  both play instruments. So interesting. Life is gone! That life is gone! We cant go back! We should have just chosen to die. Then we would have been with our parents!" She yells.

"Kiera. Dont be senseless. We all had a life before this and we know its gone. We chose this life and theres no getting out of it. We chose it for our own sake, to live!" A different boy says. So frowning girl is Kiera? Kiera such a fiesty name.