Hotel Neighbours

Mackenzie's pov
It had a small entry way that led out to a kitchen. Besides it was a dining table and chairs. And behind it was my bedroom area. To the right was a living room and behind it was a door that led into the bathroom. The bathroom had two doors, one behind the living room and the other on the right side of the bed. I flopped on my bed and yelled into my pillow. If I was at home I would've screamed but I'd rather not get kicked out for noise complaints. I decided to go out for dinner so I got dressed nicely. I put on my red shirt, dark blue ripped jeans, leather jacket and my silver high tops. I fastened my favourite watch to my wrist.

I headed out with my wallet in my pocket but when I opened my door I came face to face with Ethan, who was exiting the room across the hall

I headed out with my wallet in my pocket but when I opened my door I came face to face with Ethan, who was exiting the room across the hall. We both froze. I managed to get lost in his stupid eyes again. He was wearing nice jeans and a coat over the top. He looked good.
Ethan's pov
My eyes roamed her body. She looked gorgeous with her hair tied in her famous ponytail that she'd worn ever since I first saw her, and come to think of it, I've never actually seen her hair down. I thought about gently undoing her hair and- no! I can't think like that. This is so wrong. "I was just about to head to dinner, wanna join?" She was looking at her feet. Her expression was unreadable and her words were reluctant. "Uh.... sure. I was heading to dinner too so I guess we could go together." She nodded. "There's An Italian restaurant a few blocks from here, I saw it on the drive from the airport to the hotel." She was biting her lip. "Okay, cool. Lead the way." She gave a small smile and began walking. We walked in silence.
Mackenzie's pov
I was silently scolding myself with every step. Why did I invite him?! I'm such an idiot! It's been quite obvious he's been reluctant to make a connection with me. There's nothing there and he obviously wants to keep it that way. You're brother would kill him if there was. I shivered at the thought. Mark once beat up a guy who tried to get with me on Valentine's Day. He was sent to hospital and his parents got a restraining order on Mark. Now I'm sure you're probably thinking 'but that's just some random guy, he wouldn't hurt Ethan, they're good friends', but that guy he beat up, was one of his best friends. Besides, it's stupid to think anything could happen between us. So why did I take him to an Italian restaurant?! I'm not racist but going to an Italian restaurant has always been my dream first date. I've never taken anyone to an Italian restaurant for that reason. And mark knows that.

If Mark finds out, he'd kill Ethan. I'm not ready for Ethan to die yet.