You cant be here

Mackenzie's pov
It had been two days after the phone call and Lucas had my phone on his desk while I was chained to a seat in the centre of my walk in wardrobe. I heard a commotion in my bedroom. It was quiet and late at night. Everyone would be asleep by now so the noises peeked my curiosity. "Mackenzie." I hard a hushed whisper. "Ethan?" I whispered back. "Stay there." He hissed. "I couldn't move if I wanted to." I remarked. Ethan hammered at the lock with a crowbar that I assume he used for the window before breaking in and rushing to me. "You can't be here." I hissed when he began fiddling with the chains. "Well, too bad. I am." He lifted his gaze and met mine. "But why? You barely know me?" I whispered, drinking in his handsome face before my cupped my cheek and kissed me. "That's why." He murmured before returning to the chains. He broke me out and we escaped through the now open window. We ran as fast as we could.

Lucas's pov
I went in to check on Mackenzie in the morning where I found a broken in window and door. I ran into the room to find a note. 'Better luck next time ;)' it read. I laughed, shaking my head. "You're going to break that boy, mind, body and soul. I hope he's ready for it, because I don't think he's fully aware of the severity of this situation. We'll find you Mackenzie. And next time, we aren't going to let you get away."

Mackenzie's pov
We ran across the feild, wind whipping through my hair, the soft grass beneath my feet and the buzzing in my ears. My hand fit perfectly in his, almost making it enough the rid me of the emotions dragging me down and weighing on my shoulders. I drank in his features, as if staring at him for the first time. Loving me would kill this boy, and I had no idea how to stop it.