Guilt And Eavesdropping

Mackenzie's pov
It was the most amazing feeling in the world, kissing Ethan. I wrapped my arms around his waist after a moment of hesitation. It's wrong but it's already happened. Why not enjoy it while it lasts? We'll face the consequences later. His arms wrapped around my waist as we pressed up against each other, our lips moving in perfect sync. We pulled apart for air and I looked down. "You should get back, your girlfriend is waiting for you." He opened his mouth but I put my hand up and stopped him. "Let's just pretend it didn't happen. Go back to her. I'm going to grab something to eat and I think it'd be best if we returned separately." I bit my lip. He nodded and left.

Ethan's pov
Of course I was guilty but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to regret it. The fact is, I don't regret kissing her, but I feel so guilty about it. When she returned she avoided my gaze like medusa. But I was sure she was aware I was staring. I was sitting alone while everyone was talking. Cassidy was heading back to home tomorrow, she just was in town.

Mackenzie's pov
I'd excused myself from my conversation with Mandy, molly, Kathryn and Amy to go to the bathroom when I passed a room, in which was Cassidy... on the phone. So me being me, I was curious. So I stopped, backed up and eavesdropped. I know it was wrong of me but I don't trust Cassidy. Not in a, I'm jealous kind of a way but in a, her personality is suspicious kind of a way. "Of course there's something in it for me! Do you really think I'd date that dork if he and his friends weren't loaded! I mean, obviously I have other guys on the side who are actually good looking and good in bed but Ethan is so stupid! He's played right into my hands! Oh, that Mark guy's sister is no competition at all! She's such a stuck up bitch. And she's hideous. She'd have to pay people to sleep with her!" She laughed. My eyes pricked with tears and my fists were clenched but I just turned and went to the bathroom.

As much as I'd love to step in I can't, especially now. I don't have any proof. I have to talk to Ethan about it. But right now, I'm avoiding him like the plague. I need help, but how do you ask for help if no one can know? Should I trust someone with this? But who? Definitely not Mark. Tyler's reliable but I don't think this is something he'd be able to help with. Not bob, Mandy, wade or Molly, I love them but this isn't something I'd go to them for. Kathryn is good but I'm not sure. I'm so lost. I have no idea who to go to. But who else is there. But wait! There is one person! "Mackenzie?" Speak of the devil.