Loyalties

Mackenzie's pov
Nothing like waking up to a vibrating butt. Okay, it wasn't my butt vibrating -that would be weird - but my phone. I groaned and mumbled profanities when I hit my head trying to lay back down. "Who the hell put that there?!" I exclaimed a little too loudly. "What? The floor? I'm pretty sure we need that so don't go break it." Lucas stood in front of my makeshift cell. "Piss off, and get me a pillow while your at it." Lucas rolled his eyes. "You don't change do you." I shrugged. "I'm me, deal with it. Now gimme a pillow and some food, preferably not poisoned." Look, I know demanding things from these guys is bad but if they wanted me dead, I'd be dead. Simple. They want me alive and while I'm alive I deserve comfort while preparing for my demise or escape, whichever happens first.

After shaking his head and nodding to Quinn, who darted off, he turned back to me. "You owe us for getting us arrested, you know that right?" He all but growled. "I couldn't let you go through with what you were doing, you knew my opinion and I warned you. You've no one to blame but yourself." I spat. Lucas' eyes flashed darker. "Maybe but you still owe us a great deal. You know what we do to those who leave the gang." His words were laced with venom as Quinn re appeared with a pillow and food which was carefully handed to me. I propped the pillow against the wall and leant up against it while picking at my meal. "Watching me eat is creepy." I commented. "Tomorrow you'll be escorted out to our new destination so you can look forward to that." I scoffed. "Course I can." I muttered sarcastically.

"Don't push the boss' buttons Mackenzie, you're already in deep shit." Muttered Tyler. I shrugged. "Lucas is reckless, if I hadn't shut that mission down you would've died. Getting you arrested was the only plausible option but if he puts a gun to my head and tries to complete it, I can't help you guys. Promise me you won't go on that heist." Quinn and Tyler nodded. "We promise." Muttered Quinn. "Promise what?" Jonah slung his arm around Quinn. "To get her a good lunch tomorrow when we're moving locations." Tyler covered. Tyler was always the better liar of the two. Quinn and Tyler had been by my side through it all and knew about the plan to get them arrested. Jonah, however was Lucas' snitch. Lucas was oblivious to the fact that everyone knew Jonah worked for him and they always fed Jonah lies or paid him to forget who'd said what. Quinn and Hayden had a secret relationship but Hayden was Lucas' right hand man. While he'd follow Lucas anywhere his loyalties were stronger in Quinn, which was a liability hence why their relationship was secret. Tyler's brother Marcus had always butted heads with Lucas over the crush they shared for me, both knowing it wouldn't happen because I was 'gay' but still trying anyway.

Than there was Damian and Julie whose loyalties laid with whomever was stronger and without Lucas even realising it, that person was me. Majority of the gang stood by me, yet Lucas failed to see this. That would be his fatal mistake. Or at least, that's what I had thought. How could I have been so wrong.