Consequences

Mackenzie's pov
I don't know where I was driving or how long I'd been I just know that when I came back Ethan was gone. On my bed were the neatly folded clothes I'd leant him and a note.
I got the goodbye I was after. I love you Mackenzie.
-EthanXOX
My fingers brushed the clothes when I glanced down. "Idiot, you left your jacket." I whispered as I picked it up. But we both knew he didn't forget it, he left it. Both as a message and a reason. 'I'll come back for you. And now I have an excuse.' I hugged it tight, breathing in his scent. God I was so incredibly in love with that boy.

Ethan's pov
There's more behind it. Not just I'll come back for you but also, when I do, be prepared, because I'm about to break your promises.

Mackenzie's pov
It'd been a few months since he'd left and I was back on my feet, working. One day someone entered the cafe. Someone I hadn't seen in years. And I was less than pleased at the visit. "Lucas." Our eyes met. He smirked. "Let's talk." After dad died I got depression and in my teens I got involved with the wrong people. Lucas is one of them. He is apart of a gang. No, I didn't smoke, drink, have sex, fight or even get involved with that shit. But I have killed someone and I helped start that game. I was a hacker. Someone tracked down the base and kidnapped me. I had no choice when the fight came to pick up a gun and shoot, so I did, and I regret it. A lot. "What are you doing here Lucas." I said as we sat down. "It's come to my attention that yesterday you were seen... how to put this... hooking up with someone." My mouth went dry.

When Lucas and I first met he was a delinquent, tried to date and rape me so I lied and convinced him I was gay and he believed me. If there's one thing Lucas hates, it's a liar. "Surprised me too. I guess all the boys back then we're just assholes so I didn't know. I'm not lesbian I'm bisexual. I don't know, maybe it's not that and I was just physically attracted to him but either way, I've no idea what happened. Visited my brother and his friend was hot." I lied my ass off. My voice changed to the low and dangerous one I'd used in the day, my face cold and hard and the smirk was evident on my lips. I know that whatever happens, whether he buys it or not, I'm going to suffer the consequences, because let's face it. Lucas is back now. That speaks for itself.