Hufflepuff Ideas

Okay, so Hufflepuff's qualities are hard work, dedication, fair play, loyalty and patience.

So here are my headcanons and ideas about how these qualities could be pushed and explored and I hope they help you guys with characters and stuff!

So this is kind of the one that Hufflepuff are known for, like they're defining trait and when I first imagine it, I always imagined they were always loyal to their house and that was the end

So this is kind of the one that Hufflepuff are known for, like they're defining trait and when I first imagine it, I always imagined they were always loyal to their house and that was the end. That was the reason that most of them fought with Harry and co. because they were loyal to their school and they fought because it was right.

But what if they're loyalty meant they could also be cruel and excluding?

For example, a head canon of mine is that the Quidditch team was made up of 'the old team', a group of players who got onto the team time and time again because of the incredible loyalty. This meant that whilst the players did have incredible loyalty, to the point where they would even be hostile against newcomers, it was extremely exclusive making loyalty a negative trait.

Also, I always thought the idea of a double agent would be intriguing, with the idea of divided loyalties. If the Hufflepuff held incredible loyalty to both sides, it could make for an interesting conflict with the idea that they don't want to disappoint either side. Like if Voldemort had recruited them and they were forced to fight against their friends, all the while feeling this incredible loyalty which simultaneously made them dangerous and a weak fighter as they didn't want to hurt either side.

I also like the idea of how muggleborn Hufflepuffs could be incredibly loyal to their former muggle connections and old school and felt like there were betraying their old life by getting involved in the magical one. Or a Hufflepuff who always felt out of place and had desperately wanted to be in another house i.e. Ravenclaw. They felt loyal to the other house, the one they felt they should have been placed in but also felt annoyed as they could see that this exact loyalty was why they'd ended up in Hufflepuff.

 They felt loyal to the other house, the one they felt they should have been placed in but also felt annoyed as they could see that this exact loyalty was why they'd ended up in Hufflepuff

I always love the idea that the Hufflepuffs were the only people who could beat Hermione Granger in the library. Like imagine, Hermione revising in the library and always getting annoyed that the Hufflepuffs were always there a little longer than her and slowly it became a contest for who was the hardest worker. Or the Ravenclaws getting annoyed when the Hufflepuffs beat them in tests as they were meant to be the smart house, slightly annoyed at how effortlessly the Hufflepuffs worked.