Mother knows best

"JJ. JJ wake up!"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I um got another text from my mom she wants to meet me in Maryland tomorrow."

"Well are you going to go?"

"I think so.... can you tell Hotch and stuff that I'm taking a day off?"

"Yeah of course what should I tell Lexie"?

"Just tell her I had to meet and old friend."

"Ok Em is everything ok? Is there something you're not telling me?"

"You know as much as me Jayje."

"Ok be safe I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thanks Jayje."

(Later that day)

"Hey JJ where's Emily?" Lexie said as she walked into the main room after waking up.

"She had to go to Maryland to meet up with a friend she'll be back tomorrow." JJ hated lying to Lexie but she also didn't want to break Emily's trust."

"Ok..."

"What do you want to do today?"

"Don't you have a case, you always do."

"Not as of now, and Mrs. Jones won't me working for us anymore."

"Why not?"

"We thought that it's better to get someone new who doesn't know our past as much."

"And who's that?"

"Her names Lucy she'll come tomorrow and talk with us when Em gets back."

"Sounds good."

"Can we shopping today? I have something I want to get."

"Sure um what store do you want to go to?"

"It's somewhere at the mall."

"Ok if I don't have a case I'll take you."

"Ok I'm going to get breakfast." JJ was a bit confused with everything Emily leaving on such short notice and now Lexie not telling her everything, maybe she was just being paranoid.

(On the plane)

As Emily was on the plane on her way to Maryland (her home town) she was very curious why all the sudden after years of practically being shunned by her mother she wanted to see her. It didn't add up she must want something more then to just see her and Emily was a profiler so she would figure it out.

(Emily's mothers house)

Emily's mom still lived in the same giant house Emily grew up in, it was weird to be back home after all this time.

"Ding dong"

Emily's mothers maid answered the door and guided Emily to her mother.

"Mom..."

"Emily!! It's so good to see you."

"Umm you too mom." Emily said confusedly.

"Why did you want to see me?"

"Because I have something I want to talk about with you."

"Ok..." Emily said kind of scared.

"So I did hear some very sad but good news."

"And..."

"I heard that Charles died."

"Of course she did what didn't she hear." Emily thought to herself. 

"Yeah car accident I know it's tragic."

"You guys were so in love until he broke your heart."

"Ok Charles died but why was Emily here?" She thought to herself again.

"Emily I know you have a daughter, her names Lexie isn't it?"

"And there it was.... the reason she brought Emily all the way out to Maryland was to scold her for not telling her she had a daughter." She said inside her head.

"Mom listen I can explain."

"No need to explain I think it's great."

"You do." Emily said puzzled.

"Yes! I mean it's a shame you didn't tell me thirteen years ago but we can't fix what's in the past."

"Ok and why did you make me come all the way out to Maryland? To tell me that?"

"Well that's not all Em..."

"What else do you need mother?" Emily said now impatiently.

"Emily I don't think you understand what I am trying to say here." Emily's mother said.

"I don't, so please explain."

"Emily I'm asking you to please let me take Lexie into my custody..."

"Was, was she serious did she actually think that she was going to let her mother, the most unaccepting women ever to take care of HER daughter." Emily said ready to scream.

"Well the answer is no."

"No?"

"I'm not giving you my daughter are you crazy?" Emily said yelling.

"Emily please calm down."

"Why would you even ask that mother? She's my daughter and I love her and she's perfectly happy with me."

"Well that's not what I heard..."

"Heard? Was she spying on her now." She said inside her head.

"I've talked to your lawyer recently and he told me that you have a child, and at first I was confused but then it all made sense because that's the reason Charles left you because you weren't fit to be a mother."

"Mom I was eighteen I didn't know a thing about being a mother. Charles was four years older than me and I thought it would be better if the kid had a more responsible parent, please you have to believe me!" Emily said shouting.

"Emily, listen if you weren't fit back then you're surely not fit now with all your FBI stuff."

"We have a nanny and Lexie is fine with it, we had troubles at first but she adjusted and she is fine."

"Well if you're not going to make this easy on me then I'll have to get a lawyer..."

"Are you seriously thinking about ripping my family apart again? You can't be trusted you were a terrible mother to me, god knows what you'll do to Lexie."

"How could you say that Emily I loved you."

"Loved... Not Love. Because I'm gay. What if Lexie was gay then you wouldn't want her and you know it."

"I'm very religious and gay people don't go with my religion.. It doesn't mean I don't love you... I just don't respect you and your choices."

"Well I'm not letting you take Lexie away you can go to court get a lawyer but in the end she will end up with me... I am her mother and she doesn't even know you."

"You can say that now but I have more reasons to be fit for taking care of her. Just you Wait Emily, because mother knows best."

After that Emily got up and stormed out of her mothers house got into her car and sobbed the whole drive to the airport, she had no clue what she was going to do except fight for her daughter and you bet like hell she was going to.