Chapter 23: Welcome To The Torture House

tor·ture

ˈtôrCHər/

noun

1.

the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or to force them to do or say something, or for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.

***************************

pain

pān/

noun

1.

physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury.

_______________________________________________________________________

The noise of a door opening pulled my attention away from the dark confines of our underground prison.

I saw his face before I heard his voice, terror rushes through my veins.

he walked forewords grabbing my hair and pulling my face closer to his, dragging a finger along my cheek as he smiled evilly.

"Hey Issy miss me?"

"Seth?!" I asked breathlessly, it'd been months since i'd seen him I thought he was in jail.

"Awe good to see you still remember me." 

"How did you get here? Why are you doing this? Why to her?!" I screamed wondering why Seth wanted Autumn.

"Oh my dear Isabelle, you like always are so curious that's one of the things I really love about you." He paused to stroke my cheek again with his hand as I whimpered back in fear. 

"You see when I was away from you I met a new friend, we got to talking and we found out you had 'stolen' something from him and my dear Issy he wants it back." Another boy walked out of the shadows , he had blonde hair and blue eyes he looked sweet, he looked like he wouldn't hurt a lie but then I remembered Seth had looked like that once before he turned into a monster.

"R-Rider?!" Autumns voice wavered as she backed away slightly in fear tears streaming down her face, as she backed into the light i finally saw her rough appearance, her once gorgeous blonde hair now caked with dirt and mud, her clothes tattered and ripped to shreds. It only made me think of how bad her abduction was compared to mine.

"As I was saying we only wanted what was ours." Seth smiled his white teeth showing clearly through the darkness of the basement.

"How could you! You monster why would you do this to us?!" A sudden slap to the cheek shut me up immediately, my face was hot and red as it burned from the contact.

"You will not disrespect me or my friend ever again do you understand! God Isabelle can't you see that I love you!" 

"Love me! Love me! How could you possibly love me after you've beaten me, broken me, made me want to DIE! AND ALL BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME!!!!! How is that love, how is that anything but HATE!" My tears were on full display as I shouted at him. 

"If you love someone you don't kidnap them, you don't make every single day of theirs like living hell. Love is fighting for them, it's being there for them through anything and everything. It's not wanting to hurt them because you know if you do you will die inside."

"BUT I DO LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU MORE THEN YOU KNOW!"

"THEN WHY HURT ME? Huh why, why break me, tell me I was trash even when I knew I always was. Why would you hurt me more when you knew I was already heart broken after Shawn left." As if it shocked him Seth jumped at the sound of Shawn's name, I didn't care as rage and hurt rushed in my veins I spoke again.