Chapter 1: First Day Back

PING PING PING!!!! I shot up in my bed and silenced the alarm, urghh, seven o'clock, time for school.

"Woot, Woot!" I said to my room, my tone void of happiness.

I got off the bed and organized my outfit for today.

First day back to school, finally I'm a senior. Wow, it's been three earthen years since I fled from the fae plane since my life was threatened on my sixteenth birthday.

"Em are you up?" I heard my uncle Stephen ask as he opened the door.

"Yeah I'm up," I said making my bed.

"Okay well I'm heading out okay, see you at school and please don't be late." He said closing the door.

"No promises," I mumbled.

"I heard that young lady." He shouted but I just rolled my eyes.

I decided to get ready. I showered, dried myself off and looked at myself in the mirror before I pulled on my clothes.

I'm average height, I have a dark olive complexion since I'm from the Caribbean. My hair is usually a maroon colour but I changed it to blonde for security reasons. My eyes are blue yet sometimes grey, but I changed the colour to brown.

A few minutes later, I was wearing denim shorts with a white crop top that had half of a girl's head on it. I laced up my black and white Converse high trainers, placed my snapback that had "Tomboy" marked on it on my blonde locks and did a black smoky eye with a reddish-orange lipstick.

When I saw that I looked presentable, I grabbed my phone, keys and school bag and left the house.

I arrived at school on time and saw all the freshmen walking around the school. I knew how they felt, I remembered my first day here. I came three years ago to this day.

It was the worst day ever but I lived. I let out a shaky breath and made my way out of my car.

"Hey." I turned to see Derek walking towards me. Beaming as he came closer, I said hi and we started to walk towards the school entrance.

To be honest, I was rude to Derek when I first arrived since I had to create a rep for myself. But he somehow wormed his way into my life.

"Riv, what you do this summer?" Derek asked.

I shrugged, "You know, fighting evil fae night after night, so the usual."

"So, how was your summer?" I asked.

We wandered closer to the doors and I glanced at the new students who were curiously staring at me.

"What is she wearing?"

"Is that even allowed?"

"Didn't you hear? That's Riven Samuels, the rebel of the school. Man, she's hotter in person."

I just rolled my eyes and strode through the doors. "I'll see you later Riven," Derek said and went off to greet his friends.

"Yeah, see you," I said and strolled to my locker.

I got my books out of my bag and placed them in my locker. I looked up and saw that Brianna Warren was talking to her friends a few lockers down.

"I don't know guys," Brianna said as she played with the bottom of her shirt.

"It's a twenty-one-year-old and over club and we're only eighteen," she continued her hands moving to her dirty blonde hair.

"I don't think we should go especially on a school night." She said but her friends ignored her.