Chapter 16 prt 2: TIME

Jesse's POV

Three weeks. Three weeks have passed since I saw Riven and Emilia. Twenty-one days after the incident in the library. Five hundred and four hours of seeing her heartbroken eyes stare at me in my mind, the change of her beautiful blue eyes to violet. Day and night my mind tried to comprehend the reality that Riven and Emilia are one and the same. Two constants that were in my life was actually one.

Mulling over it I realized that there wasn't any difference in the personalities, the only difference was their appearance. Riven was blond with brown eyes while Emilia had maroon coloured hair with blue eyes though they never stayed that colour when her emotions took over they never turned violet before.

"Jesse? Are you alright?" Mike questioned as he waved his hand in my face.

"Huh? Oh yes, I'm alright bro, just thinking," I replied surveying the room.

When did we reach the cafeteria?

"Dude, you been in your head for hours. What's going on in there?" Riley asked answering my confusion.

"Well, I have a lot to think about," I stated before biting into my pizza.

Wait? How did I even...

"Brianna got it for you," Riley answered, "you just walked in with her, sat down by us, she went into the line got your lunch and hers, place it in front of you then went to sit with Riven and her friends," He explained before sipping his protein shake.

Oh, she got my lunch for me before sitting with Riven. How nice of her I must tell her thanks later....

"RIVEN?" I exclaimed turning around quickly to see her staring at me with brown eyes.

I wanted to talk to her but she shook her head saying no before walking out of the cafeteria. I turned to face my friends.

"Go after her dude, and fix whatever happened, "Mike advised me.

I glanced at the doors then to my friends then at Brianna, she was watching me, hoping I would do the right thing. I smiled at her before leaving my table and running after Riven.

"Babe, where are you going?" Bethany asked me as she walked through the doors. I glanced at the doors then back at Bethany.

"I'm sorry Beth but I can't keep hurting you even though I'm doing it indirectly," I took a deep breath, "nothing is going to happen between us, I should have said this earlier but you're not the girl for me," I stated.

The cafeteria went still, every conversation stopped as their attention turned to us. I groaned internally, I didn't want a public spectacle but I forgot to tell Bethany since my mind was a bit preoccupied.

"Jesse, sweetie, what are you saying?" Bethany asked confusion twinkling in her eyes. All eyes turned to me.

Breathing in deeply, I squared my shoulders and opened my mouth, "Bethany, there is and will never be an "us". I'm sorry for leading you on, making you believe that we had a chance but it's not possible, you're a great friend but a bitch to others who don't benefit your social status. I know you have family issues but that doesn't mean to take your pain on us. So no I could never be with a girl like you but I believe that you can change and I hope you do," I confessed before walking to the doors.

"Go running to your banished princess Jesse, at the end of the day all the men she ever loved become mine, one way or another," she whispered as I was passing by.

I glanced at her over my shoulder, her eyes were glaring at me but her posture displayed sadness, her shoulders sagged, lips in a pout. Her stature suggested that she got her heart broken but her eyes showed her true feelings as they burned with rage.