Chapter 5: Busted!

"Hey man, missed you last week," Jake said as he saw me by my lockers.

"Yeah Jesse, classes were so boring without your quips at the teacher," Mikey concurred, I laughed at this.

"I'm sure last week was eventful enough without me, so anything new happened," I asked no one in particular.

"We got a new kid, his name's Nathaniel, he sits with us but has taken a liking to Riven though she gives him the cold shoulder," Jake told me with a laugh.

Huh, some guy is chasing Riven, may the odds be in his favour.

"So how you feeling? Heard you got a nasty stomach bug," Jake questioned as we walked into class.

"Yeah, it was the worst, couldn't move around much, stuck in bed whole day," I replied.

We decided to create a cover story to why I was in the hospital if it got out that Bri and I were almost kidnapped it would send people into a panic, so the tale is that I had a really bad stomach bug. Brianna reassured everyone that I was okay while I stayed home to rest, Doctor Jared's orders.

We got to our seats, waiting for the teacher to start class when he began, the door flew in with a bang and an out of breath Riven stepped in.

"Miss Samuels, to what do I owe the pleasure of you interrupting my class?" Mr Smith asked a bit pissed off.

Riven glanced at him, she clearly didn't care about what happened but apologized well I think she did.

"Sir, I'm sorry for interrupting your good morning greetings to the class, really my bad, I had some car troubles this morning and then I ended up missing the bus, so I had to run all the way here, so I'm really sorry that my unfortunate circumstances have caused a tiny interruption within your class routine," she told him sincerely with an apologetic face, sad eyes and frown.

The whole class was silent as we listened to this, we knew that Riven has her moments with teachers but this was different. Some students were chuckling, trying to keep their laughter in while others laughed with no care. Mr Smith took a step back, a few breaths before glancing at Riven.

"We'll Miss Samuels, don't let it happen again, please take your seat," he told her and she walked off with a subtle smirk on her face.

"Good morning class, today we are going to explore the world of Thomas Hardy, so please direct your attention to the screen," and with that class began.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

After Mathematics, Chemistry and English, it was finally lunch. I made my way to my usual table, Brianna wasn't there like normal, when I searched for her she was sitting with Riven, they were smiling and laughing.

Huh, they must have talked when I was at home.

I made my way to them instead and sat next to Riven. Their conversation stopped as they looked at me confused, well Brianna did, Riven looked indifferent.

"So Samuels, do you live to make teachers sweat or feel bad for their students?" I asked her referring to this morning in Literature class.

"No I don't but I didn't interrupt him this morning, since he didn't start when I arrived, so I just said what I felt in the nicest way possible," she told me with a serious face.

"Oh I heard about that but I thought Mason dropped you off this morning," Brianna said.

Riven looked at her with a smile, "he did but I forgot something at home so I had to go back," she replied before sipping her water.