Chapter 18 prt 2: Truth or Dare?

Riven's POV:

Ughhh! I hate coming to school! Why must I get up early every morning to come for an education I don't need?

Because you're in danger and need to be disguised so your enemies won't find you.

But Eleonora already found me. What's the point of staying here? I could go back home, have my coming out ball, meet a guy, at said ball, maybe court him, get married, have a family and rule my kingdom when my mother steps down.

True, that witch knows you're here but she hasn't done anything as yet. Please, you court someone that's not Jesse, I like to see you try.

Pshh! Jesse isn't all that. Sure he's nice eye candy, has grey eyes which I LOVE, athletic, caring, loyal, smart. But he's a pushover, a doormat.

Okay but he's realising that and correcting them, he ended whatever relationship he had with Bethany, he hangs out more with his sister than his loser friend Jake, he even talks to Mike and Riley more. He's coming to the realization that Bethany and Jake are toxic to him.

But he's still friends with Bethany, he danced with her at her birthday, he escorted her in as well. I saw the video.

Oy vey! For an interdimensional guardian, you are dense.

HEY! I am not dense I'm stating the obvious! He even tried to make me jealous last week by talking to Bethany.

And it worked.

No, it didn't I'm not jealous.

So why are you having an argument with yourself, one in which you are losing?

Ummm.....

Got you there. Anywho you are jealous, which okay since you like him.

I do not like Jesse.

Oh don't start with this yes you do. You wouldn't have kissed him when he had a power meltdown, then you wouldn't have broken down at the possibility that he could be Alaric and you're jealous and you wished he had kissed you that same day in the pool. You like him so much that you're close to falling.

I don't like Jesse romantically, he's a good friend.

Okay since he's a pal why are you staring at him, his lips when he laughs and the movements of his body. Also, why are you smiling when he laughs but scowl when he laughs at something Bethany says?

Oh, hush!

Make me!

"Riven!"

"Huh?" I asked confused as I turned my head to Samantha, the rest of the people at the table, Brianna smirked at me, knowing where my thoughts were.

"We're playing some cafeteria truth and dare and it's your turn," Sam said

"Oh okay sure ummm dare," I replied still confused to when this game started.

"Alright, hmmm," Samantha said her finger tapping on her lips as she thought of something, Derek whispered into her ear, her eyes sparkled with mischief and excitement.

This doesn't bode well for me.

"I dare you to go to Jesse's Warren table and kiss him and not no small cheek kiss or peck on the lips, a full kiss, it must be more than three seconds," I stared at her, Brianna laughed at this and agreed with the dare.