Chapter 4: Dreamboat?

My head was pounding, it felt like a jackhammer was constantly going at it against my skull.

I groaned as the pain increased, what happened last night? I opened my eyes only to be blinded by the sunlight coming in.

"How many times do I have to tell my aunt not to open the blinds in my room," I asked myself unaware that someone else was in the room.

"I'm guessing a lot maybe based on your tone Sleeping Beauty," the snarky voice replied.

I turned my head towards the voice, the girl was sitting in a chair looking at me, the wall behind her was light blue, my walls aren't that colour.

"You're in the hospital, took a real nasty blow to the head, that mugger had no mercy," she told me chuckling dryly.

"Mugger?" I asked confused.

She sighed then got out of the chair and walked towards me, as she came closer I saw that it was Riven.

"You and your sister were almost mugged last night, one of the muggers knocked you out from behind luckily Mason was with your sister earlier so he was still in the vicinity and heard Brianna's screams, he called the police before engaging the assailants," she told me gently.

"Is Brianna okay?" I asked first if something happened to her I would know what I would do.

"She is alright, fainted from shock but that's normal," she told me with a small smile.

"Thanks but why are you here?"I questioned a bit confused by her presence.

"Mason called me when the ambulance came, he wasn't so sure how to contact your aunt and uncle, so he asked me to tell them, they're here actually, I was just waiting with you because they went to check on Brianna," she told me before the door opened.

"Oh I see our patient is awake," the doctor said as he walked in, smiling at Riven before looking at me.

"I was just about to call you," she told him causing him to scoff.

"Sure you were Riv," he replied with a chuckle, "you wanted to talk to Mr Dreamboat over here, so, don't play "The I was about to call you" card miss lady," he told her with a smirk.

Mr Dreamboat?

"Jay, please, I was just catching him up to speed," she told him before looking at me.

"Sure you were just talking but if you would please exit the room, I need to examine your boy toy, so bye bye," he said as he pushed her out the room.

"Ughh, you are insufferable," she told him huffing a bit.

"Love you too now bye," he replied closing the door shut.

"Sisters, gotta love annoying them," he said smiling at me.

"Sister?" I asked a bit confused.

"Yeah, she's my little sister," he replied before taking a stool and sitting next to the bed, "so Dreamboat, you got a really bad blow to the head but it wasn't so horrible to get a concussion but to be on the safe side we're going to observe you for some days," he told me while checking my eyes, making me follow the light.

"Okay, but can I ask a question?" I asked.

"Already did but okay shoot," he replied, looking up from his clipboard.

"Mr Dreamboat?" I questioned, he laughed like a rowdy laugh, deep from your belly kind of laugh.

"Oh, I'm sorry but we call you that well everyone but Riven calls you that because well it's really weird to say but Riven like hates your guts, really hates your guts, we have no idea why but one time she got accidentally drunk and confessed that she thought you were a dreamboat, so we started to tease her about it, making jabs whenever you passed by the dinner or randomly in our conversations, so that's why" he told me with a slight smirk on his face.