Chapter 8: Goodbye

"We need to talk Jesse," she said as she sat on the roof.

I sat next to her waiting for her words. This feels so weird. Why am I nervous?

"Alright, I understand we need to talk but I feel nervous like if we dated and you're gonna break up with me," I told her honestly, her head snapped up.

"Oh, sorry, those words have a meaning of their own but there's nothing to be nervous about and it's somewhat of a breakup," she replied to me with a light chuckle.

"I'm sorry about Brianna walking in, I didn't know that she would be there to wake me," I apologized.

She shook her head, "no that was my fault, I slept longer than usual, but that's not the reason why I have to stop seeing you," she paused taking in a deep breath, "my presence around you is causing more harm than good, I think you were almost kidnapped because of me, someone one of my enemies found out that I interact with you and took interest, I can't put  you and your family in harms way, I can't," She told avoiding my face looking into the sky.

"I'm sorry Jesse but we can't be friends anymore," she said standing to her feet, I followed.

She gazed into my eyes, her eyes were sad as they looked into mines, they started to glaze over, "I have to go," she said turning away walking to the edge but turned back.

I watched as she came closer to me until we were a few inches apart, "I'm glad I met you, sure you were annoying but I really valued our friendship," she hugged me.

I stood there froze by her contact but wrapped my arms around her, I didn't want to let her go but I had to, we pulled apart, looking at each other, she smiled softly at me before closing her eyes and vanishing from my sight with a silent whisper.

"Goodbye Jesse."

Short chapter I know but I didn't feel the need to add anything else, I wanted it to be sad

Short chapter I know but I didn't feel the need to add anything else, I wanted it to be sad. Sorry
Till next time
Danielle