The Happiest Day Of My Life

I sit on the end of my bed as Stacy - the maid of honour - lies my suit down next to me. Meghan and Kalel are in my old room, getting ready. Sawyer is getting ready at Tyler's, I haven't seen him today, he must have woke up before I did and crept out.

"Okay, you go get changed. The people downstairs are setting everything up, so it will all be done by the time the wedding finishes." She tells me, we decided to have the reception at ours. Not a lot of people are coming; mine and Sawyer's parents and our close friends. Although the Brits are flying into America to attend, they are so sweet.

"Will do, you should too."

"I know, I've got everything under control." She smiles and walks out.

I pick up the suit and get a nervous/excited feeling. I know it's only a suit, but it's a wedding suit. My wedding suit. It really means a lot to me. I can tell it's a wedding suit for no particular reason, I just can. I change into the wedding suit and a spontaneously amazing feeling emerges inside me, I then go into the bathroom to do my hair. I look at my reflection in the mirror and say quietly "I'm getting married today." I squeal and sigh from joy, I can't believe it. This day has finally come.

I walk into the other room and see three gorgeous women.

"Looking beautiful ladies." I say.

They look at me and smile. Meghan walks over to me and straightens out my collar.

"You look absolutely handsome." She says and smiles.

"Thanks Meghan."

"You nervous?" Kalel asks as she does her mascara.

"Not at all, this is the happiest day of my life."

They all giggle.

Once the girls are all ready we go downstairs to see it beautifully decorated, wedding themed. I go over to the food table and admire the wedding cake - with two little plastic men on top. The people are still working on the decorations, I can't wait to see what it will look like when it's done.

"How long do we have to get there?" Asks Kalel.

"Well, what time is it now? Joey?" Stacy turns to me.

I get my phone out just as someone bangs on the door. Meghan goes to get it and reveals a panting Tyler. He runs up to me with a folded piece of paper in his hang. He stands up straight.

"Joey..." He looks really pale. "It's ... uh ... I can't explain, just read this."

He hands me the piece of paper, I unfold it and begin to read.

This is a notification of death:

The top line reads. The paper begins to shake in my hand, I don't know if I want to read the rest.

"Read it." Tyler says.

I take a deep breath and continue reading.

Sawyer Hartman

The tears immediately flood my face, but I could hardly feel them. Instead I feel a large range of emotions: sadness, anger, pain, fear, heartbreak. I act on anger first and throw my phone at the wall.

"Get out..." I say quietly.

"What?" Tyler asks stepping in closer.

"Get out." I say more firmly.

"Joey..." He begins.

"GET OUT!" I yell. "EVERYONE! GET OUT!"

They all pile out, confused. Tyler is the last to leave, as he does I say "Tyler..."