On My Own

Sawyer's POV

I roll through the chocolate wrappers and tubs of ice cream to look at my alarm clock, glowing in the darkness. 7:04. I wish the darkness would sheathe my body ... Okay that's creepy as hell, what does sheathe even mean?! I'm losing it. I really need Joey back. My thoughts are interrupted by the sheer pain in my eyes as my bedroom light, unexpectedly, switches on. As my eyes adjust I see Tyler standing in my door way.

"Hey Soy Sauce." Tyler says, kind of sad.

"What do you want?" I say, it actually sounds a bit rude, but oh well.

"I want to get you back on your feat."

"Well I want another tub of ice cream."

"Too bad, no ice cream or chocolate until you sort out your life."

"Oh yeah, it's just going to be a piece of cake as the love of my life is gone and it's all my fault." Tearing up a bit.

"It's not your fault, he is doing what he thinks is best for you. He didn't know he'd be absolutely wrong. He did it for you Sawyer. He did this in the hope it would become a positive thing for you."

He was right.

"That may be so, but the point is that he was wrong. My life is a living hell. I just don't know if I have the motivation any more. He might never come back."

"Then find him. Only you are not going to look for him looking like that, he might not even recognise you. I hardly do. If we sort you out, then we have a chance of bringing him back."

"He left me because he thought it would benefit me, why would he come back seeing me looking normal? I need to show him what I have become without him. I'm staying in this bed."

"Fine. If you're not going to leave, then I will take care of you."

"Okay, now about that ice cream..."

"Forget it Sawyer."

"Damn it."

Joey's POV

I arrived about mid day, with the time different that means it's 9am in California. Sawyer should have been up for an hour at least. No. No Sawyer. This is the hardest it's going to be, it'll only get easier from here onwards. I walk the streets of Augusta, so many unfamiliar faces. Very natural and idyllic, and there is a beautiful river. I think I'm going to like it here in Maine. But Sawyer isn't here. I wish he was, so we could enjoy this picturesque scenery together. Night quickly approaches, as does the rain clouds. The people of Augusta are leaving the streets.

And now I'm all alone again. Nowhere to turn, no-one to go to. Without a home, without a friend, without a face to say 'hello' to. And now the night is near, I can make belief he is here. I walk alone at night, while everybody else is sleeping. I think of him and then I'm happy with the company I'm keeping. The city goes to bed and I can live inside my head.

"On my own, pretending he's beside me. All alone. I walk with him till morning. Without him, I feel his arms around me and when I lose my way I close my eyes, and he has found me.

In the rain the pavement shines like silver. All the lights are misty in the river. In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight and all I see is him and me forever and forever.

And I know it's only in my mind, that I'm talking to myself and not to him. And although I know that he is gone, still I say, there's a way for us.

I love him. But when the night is over, he is gone. The river's just a river. Without him the world around me changes; the trees are bare and everywhere the streets are full of strangers.

I love him. But I'm learning. All of this, I've only been pretending. Without me his world will go on turning, a world that's full of happiness that I have never known.

I love him,

I love him,

I love him,

But only on my own."

I say to myself.

I sit down on a bench and wipe away the tear rolling down my cheek. I take out my phone, I switch it on and see all the missed calls and texts, not only from Sawyer, from all my closest friends. I decide to reply to Stacy, as she knows the most about what's happening. I phone her.

"Joey?! Oh my God, where are you?! Are you okay?! WHERE ARE YOU?!" She almost yells.

"Hi Stacy." Is all I can say.

"Hi Stacy? Hi Stacy?! After everything you say Hi Stacy?! Joey, where are you?!"

"Stacy, calm down you're kind of scaring me." I say, shocked.

"Sorry, but seriously Joey where are you?"

"You can not tell Sawyer, please Stacy."

"Fine, I promise. Now, where are you?"

"Augusta, Maine."

"I'm on my way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Stacy to the rescue!! (As always) thank YOU for READING!!! Please vote if you liked this chapter and tell me what you think in the comment section!!! :)