Prologue

"Kris, get back here!" You yelled. You chased him around your backyard while your parents were sitting on the porch watching you. "I'm glad Kris found a friend." His mother said. "He's always had trouble making friends. Your daughter is a very sweet girl." "Thank you. Your son is very sweet too. Every time he comes over, he always greets me and my husband so formally. He's very well mannered." Your parents continue discussing while you and Kris played tag. "Ok, I'm tired now!" You plopped yourself on the ground and Kris fell next to you. "Kris, you're my best friend." You said. "You're my best friend too." He said. "Promise you will never leave me." You said as you held out your pinky. "I promise." He linked his pinky with yours. You may only be 6 years old, but you know that Kris means a lot to you. ~10 Years Later~ 'Meet me at our cafe right now.' The sudden text from Kris had you a little worried. You made you way to the cafe and saw Kris sitting at a table shaking his leg. Something was wrong. "Hey, what's up?" You said as you sat down. "(Y/n), I have to tell you something." 'Oh no.' "What is it?" "Remember when I told you about the SM global auditions and how I told you I was going to audition? " "Yeah, did you make it?" You asked getting excited. "Yeah, I made it." He said. "Kris! That's amazing, I'm so happy for you!" You yelled, hugging him. "That's awesome!" "Yeah, but..." "But what?" You were starting to worry. "This means I have to move. To South Korea." You looked him dead in the eyes. "What?" You whispered. "B-but you promised to-" "Never leave you, I know. I'm sorry." Your tears had found their way down your cheeks. Kris looked at you with water eyes. "I'm sorry." He repeated. "Stop. This is your dream. Don't be sorry. I understand. When are you leaving?" "Tomorrow." You breath hitched in your throat. "Why didn't you tell me?" "I didn't want you to be sad." "Call me when you're about to leave." You said and got up from the chair. "(Y/n)..." You kept walking. You couldn't sleep that night. You cried and cried until you ran out of tears. The next day, your mom woke you up and all of you went to Kris's house. When you got there, Kris and his parents were standing outside. As soon as the car stopped you ran out and into Kris' arms. You sobbed in his chest and you hugged each other tight. Your parents were saying their good byes in the meantime. Your moms had tears in their eyes from seeing the two of you. "Kris, at least promise me that you'll stay in touch." You held out your pinky. "I promise." He linked his pinky with your. "I'll call and text you every chance I get. Oh wait, the time difference. You'll be sleeping when I'm awake and I'll be sleeping when you're awake." "I don't care if I'm sleeping, text me anyways." You said. He laughed. "Ok." "Come on Kris. It's time to go." You said your last good byes, then he was gone. He texted you when his plane landed. He also texted you the next day, and the next day, and the next day. He called you a couple times too. One day, he didn't text you, you figured he was busy so you let it go. The next day you decide to text him first. You got a text back saying the number was no longer in service. He had to get a new number so he had to text or call you first so you could get it. So you waited, and waited, and waited. After a month of no contact, you came to the conclusion that he broke his promise. Again.