Chapter 21

The doctors released you and Kris and you both were waiting for a ride. The rest of the guys were at their dorm and a woman came up to you. "(Y/n)?" She asked. "Yes?" You asked hesitantly. "How are you feeling?" "Good. I suppose I know you?" She sighed. "Yes. I'm Haejung, you call me unnie." She said. "Oh, so we're close?" "Yes. Kris, what about you, are you okay?" She asked. "My sitches still hurts, but the doctor said it's almost healed. I just have to take it easy, I'll be okay." She led you both out of the hospital. When you walked out of the hospital, there were a ton of people outside. The bright lights blinded you. You feel like you've felt this before, but you couldn't remember when. They were all talking at once so you couldn't understand them. The whole ride was awkwardly silent. He didn't know what to do with you, whether it was holding your hand, kissing your cheek, or not doing anything at all. You didn't know what to do either, you were in the car with practical strangers. First, Haejung dropped off Kris. You both helped him into the dorm. When everyone saw you, they had excited looks on their faces that quickly vanished when they remembered your and Kris'conditions. The one you remember as Chanyeol came and helped Kris onto the couch. You stood there looking around at the surprisingly tidy place. "So, you all live here?" You asked quietly. They all looked at you. "Yeah." Suho said. "You used to come over here all the time." He said. "I did?" You started walking around a little bit until you reached the kitchen where there were noodles brewing in a pot. "Kyungsoo-ah." You called. He came up next to you. "What is it?" "Did," You paused. "Did we cook together before?" You asked slowly. He smiled. "Yeah, we did. "When Exo-M was returning from China, you and me cooked dinner for everyone. You remembered?" "I guess. As soon as I saw the noodles, I had what must have been a flashback." "That's good! You're making progress." He said. "I should get (y/n) home." Haejung said. Everyone nodded and said goodbye to you. When you were saying bye to Kris, you noticed that he looked a little tense like he was holding himself back. You and Haejung got in the car and started heading to your apartment. "Haejung, can you tell me more about why I am here?" You asked hopefully. "Well, you work for Exo, you're their stylist." "I am? So I really did quit my stylist job back home. Why?" "Well, from what I know, you and Kris were really close when you were younger and he left your hometown to be an SM trainee then you came here to find him. When you left, everyone wanted you to come back so Suho showed me some of your work and asked me to offer you a job. I was impressed, so I called you the next day and you accepted." "On the spot?" "No, it took you some thinking, but you eventually accepted." "Oh, so I left my friends and family back home for a job half way around the world?" She chuckled. "Oh honey, I don't think you did that for the job." "What do you mean?" "I think it was out of love." "Love? For who?" "Yah, who else? Kris, obviously." She said smiling. You blushed. "Well, we're here." She said pulling into an apartment complex. "I live here?" You asked looking up at the tall building. "Yup, I'll walk you up there." You both got out of the car. "What about work?" You asked as you got on the elevator.. "When do I start working again?" "I'm not sure yet. I granted Exo some time off so Kris can heal. I'll let you know when you'll start working again." You nodded. You got off the elevator and followed Haejung to your door. "The key should be in your bag." She said. You looked and felt around inside until you pulled out a little bundle of keys. She started pointing out which key was which. "This is your car key, this his your mailbox key and this is your house key." You singled out the house key and put it into the door and twisted the knob. When the door opened, you stepped inside. As you pulled the key back you, you looked around. This was all of your stuff. It even smelled like home. "It looks just like my old place." "You had all of your furniture shipped here to make it seem more like home." You smiled. 'At least I'm not in a complete foreign place.' "I should let you rest up. If you need anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to call me or one of the guys. You have all of our numbers in your phone. "Okay, thanks." "No problem." Once she left, you felt empty. You wondered around your apartment mindlessly, examining everything. You were hoping something would spark a memory, but no luck. You sighed and sat on your couch and turned on the tv. The tv was on the celebrity news channel. "...ouch. Be careful next time, Minho. Next up on Spotlight is Exo cold guy Kris and his sweetheart (y/n)." Your eyes widened and your heart started beating faster. "Today, they were both released from the hospital after what seemed like forever. Fans were waiting outside a lot of them in tears, praying for their idol and new favorite girl's safety. They both seemed to be doing fine. If you are just tuning in, go to our website at kidolspotlight.con for the full story." You muted the tv and got your tablet that was on the table. You turned it on and saw a picture of you and Kris as your screen saver. You sighed and quickly looked up the website. You and Kris were on the home page. The words 'how it all began' was highlighted in blue so you tapped on it. The headline read 'Friends or Frienemies? Friendship turned violent.' The first line was a link to Soojin's confession. You watched the video, a girl was sitting in a chair with handcuffs on and a brace on her nose who you believed to be Soojin was being questioned. "How did you and (y/n) meet?" The interrogator asked. "We met at a spa. I was getting a facial and she sat next to me." "Did you know who she was before she introduced herself?" "I knew exactly she was. (Y/n) (y/l/n). Best friend of Kris. She came here to find him after 7 years." "What did you do to (y/n) the night you were arrested?" "I hit her over the head with a shovel then I tied her to a chair and left the house." "Why did you do it?" "Because," She paused. "I wanted to be in her place." "What do you mean?" "I love Kris. I tired everything to get to him. Eventually, I got tired of chasing after him so I took a break. I went to the spa to relax and like a prayer had been answered, (y/n) walked into my life. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to get close to Exo. I pretend to be cool and I befriended her. That was phase one. Phase two was meeting Kris, which was successful. After a while, (y/n) and Kris started dating. This caused a changed in phase 3. Phase 3 was originally going to be to get Kris to fall in love with me. The new phase 3 was to get rid of (y/n). I hated the fact that (y/n) was dating my oppa. Honestly, I couldn't stand the fact that she existed. I even started an anti-(y/n) page on Twitter. I wanted to be Kris' girlfriend, not her. I wanted her gone. I was going to kill her." "You were going to kill her?" "Yes. If I wasn't hit in the face with that damn whatever it was, I would've killed her right infront of Kris' eyes." "Why didn't you kill her in the first place?" "I wanted to torture her." "What did you do to Kris?" "I stabbed him." "Why?" "He got in the way. I don't know what came over me. I just became overwhelmed with the thought of me and Kris being together that I wanted nothing to stand in my way." "One last question, do you regret anything?" "No." The video ended. You had tears in your eyes. 'So that's what happened.' You turned off your tablet and hugged your knees. The thought of someone actually wanting to kill you made you break down. You were crying histerically. Whatever safe feeling you got from Haejung was gone now.