Why Come Back?

Alex's P.O.V

When I see who it is my tears just came like a waterfall as my emotions got the better of me.
The woman placed her bag on the floor and hugged me tightly my body tensed at the sudden contact but I relaxed once I heard her comforting words. "It's OK Danvers, I'm here, I got you." she said with the most caring voice I heard in days.

"What are you doing here?" I ask through sobs and tears.

She pulled slightly away so she could look me in the eyes. "When I heard what happened I just had to come to be there for you."

I try look her in the eyes still crying my eyes out. "Maggie, you didn't....have to come." I say through strangled breathes.

Maggie hugged me again this time I accept her embrace.
"I know your going through a hard time, first  we broke up and then you lost Kara. So...I have all the right to be here and say sorry that I left you. And sorry of what happened to Kara, I'm really gonna miss Little Danvers too". Maggie takes my hand and leads me to the couch I was sitting on earlier, we sat down then she hugged me and I started crying all over again.

"there we go, let it all out." She reassured while gently rubbing circles of my back as I cried into her shoulder.

Kara's P.O.V

Alex(Cruz) and I were at the gardens of windows of life. I was staring down a window at Alex(Danvers) crying into Maggie's shoulder sitting on a couch in her apartment. Unwillingly a tear slid down my cheek, I quickly whiped it away with the back of my hand hopping no one noticed but to my luck Alex(Cruz) did.
"What's wrong?" she asked looking at me with concern.

"ugh...it's just sometimes it feels like I had so many more things to do before I left, like I still don't really understand who I am and like did the people of national city really not need me?" I say gazing into the distance.

"Kara you came here for a reason. I your time on earth over, and I you did what you had to do. It's now time for someone else to take care of earth." Alex says placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Then why does it feel like I missed something, like there's more that I should do?"

"I understand, I feel it too but that's just how it's supposed to be." she says looking me in the eyes.

"do you wanna come to my place or go to your castle?" she asks removing her hand from my shoulder.

"we can go to your place, the castle is just too big and lonely for me."

We leave the garden of windows of life and start talking about what we're gonna do next.