Pt.20 - (Finale)

You sat on the familiar bench, staring at the scenery, the landscape intriguing as you stared at it in awe, snapping a few pictures with your phone. The moon, the stars and the lights were reflected off the water, the river's waves gently brushing against the sand as it tumbled onto the shore. It was quite the sight, that made you completely oblivious to Jungguk's heart pumping nervously in his chest as he sneaked glances at you every so often.

"Y/N-ah?" He had said, breaking you out of your entranced state as you stopped to stare at him with curious eyes.

He avoided your gaze, staring down at his hands and rubbing the sweat off his forehead. He opened and closed his mouth several times before the words rushed out, "It's just that I-" He stops his sentence, the confidence he once had fading into the cold, brisk air. "Nothing..."

You were curious, but at the sight of his defeated eyes you decided to drop it, turning towards the landscape once again, your curiosity overpowering the awe you once had at the sight. Now it was your turn to fill the silence with his name, "Kookie."

He hums as a motion for you to continue, and it's then that you grow nervous. You close your eyes and press your lips together, prying them open in an attempt to speak. "Would-" You halt your sentence, though continue with determination, "Would you-" He then turns his gaze to you, and the intensity of his eyes made your determination somehow falter immediately. It was almost amazing how he had that effect on you. "Would you.." You gulp, your voice suddenly increasing in volume, "Like to take a selfie with me?!"

He answered with a curt nod as you let out a barely audible sigh of defeat, and you both positioned yourselves in the camera with the scenery behind you, Jungkook eventually grumbling at how long you were taking, "Will you quit being a perfectionist and just take the photo already?"

"I. Am. Just- TRYING my best here, okay?" You elbow him lightly, still struggling with your significantly shorter arms in comparison to his, your tongue sticking out in concentration. He reached his arm out to snatch the phone from your hand, taking the photo instead, with him slinging his arm around your waist that made you blush a light shade of crimson.

"Done!" He smiled, checking the photo, "It looks pretty good." He continued zooming in on the picture as you observed from afar, nodding but still deep in thought.

He sat back down with you, handing you your phone as you absentmindedly took it from him. It was getting darker at each passing second, and soon it would be late and he would leave, and this whole thing would be for nothing. He would leave. You would miss your chance.

So with newfound courage, you tapped his shoulder, your heart hammering against your chest, "Actually- Kookie-" You let out a breath, "Would you ever consider... I dunno," You shrug, though more to yourself than to the man, "dating me?"

That was badly worded, you thought as you bite your bottom lip, though the male simply responded with a shrug, thinking it was a joke. It wasn't. A part of you was badly hoping he would say yes. Not counting the insecurities that come with it, a large, large part of you hoped.

There was silence, besides the occasional chirping of the crickets, the rustling of the leaves or the chattering people a distance away. You had so many words to say that could fill the silence, and yet the timing never felt right, but eventually he filled the air with a simple letter, "Yes."

You raise a brow, "Yes.. what?"

You blink, closing your eyes for only a second when suddenly he's right in front of you, close enough that if you lean forward just the slightest bit your nose would eventually collide with his. He's close enough that you could frame the shape of his lips as you engrave it into your memory. His jaw is as tight as his eyes, as tight as his fists, as tight as the strain in his arms.