Pt.16

"I'm gonna slap her."

The voice opposite you groaned, that voice belonging to Mina, as she twirled her spoon in her drink, eyeing you with a deadpanned expression, "Please don't."

You slouched in your seat, eyeing the drink in front of you warily, briefly wondering whether or not it was poisoned until your friend seemingly read your thoughts, "Oh please, just because the waitress gave you the stink eye doesn't mean she poisoned it."

You sighed to yourself, inspecting the drink and slowly lifting it towards your lips, as if testing the waters, before nodding in approval. You were currently sitting down in the corner of a coffee shop with Mina, since you couldn't walk anywhere without people giving you nasty looks, and you were slightly scared if the hardcore fans would physically harm you.

Jungkook specifically told you not to leave the house in case that happens. But here you were, outside, glaring furiously at the waitress that not only ignored you but glared at you when you called her out on it.

You held your head in your hands, "Why does that bastard have to be so famous?!"

Mina sighed, setting her coffee down before looking you in the eye, "Because he's handsome."

"I mean," you shrugged, "I guess?"

Mina looked personally offended, "This girl- You dated him, and yet you were blind the entire time?! He's walking, talking eye candy!"

You snorted, "Nah, he's a walking, talking meme."

She looked like she was just about done with you, "Cool, whatever, but you like him right?" She asks bluntly just as you started sipping your drink, only to watch in amusement as you choked and nearly spat it out.

You recovered- sending her a glare- and sat quietly in thought, instead of sputtering excuses like you would have a few weeks ago. He didn't like you anymore. That's why he was constantly seen with pretty girls like Fumi and the girl who ended up being a sasaeng. Even if you liked him, it would be for nothing. Besides, would it even work out, since it didn't work out the first time?

"No." You said simply, your voice cracking slightly at the last second, "No, I don't."

Mina stared up at you without questioning it, though her eyes told you that she wasn't convinced. "Even so," she started, "he really likes you, you know?" Now it was your turn to turn towards her with an unconvinced expression, "He was the one that set the group date up."

At that your eyes widened, nearly popping out of their sockets as your head shot up, "What?"

"Yeah. He ran into me once and wanted to have your new phone number. Me, being the generous friend that I am, of course didn't give your number to your ex. Though he managed to convince me to set that group date thing up, and the rest is history."

You were confused at your own thoughts. One part of you wanted to smack the living crap out of her- because wow, she did not have your consent on bringing all this drama into your life- and the other wanted to thank her. Jungkook went through such lengths to get to you, did he really get over you that easily?

"Well, that answers a lot of questions..." Is all you said as your friend eyed you with her brows furrowed,

"That's it? That's all you have to say?" You shrugged, Mina sighing exasperatedly before mumbling something along the lines of, "this ignorant fool.." which you chose to not slap her upside the head about.

Her expression suddenly softens, her voice suddenly only a bit louder than a whisper, as if she wants you to carefully consider what she's saying, "He won't wait forever, you know."