"You Dork" // Poe Dameron

Written by: RiverdalesPrincess

Poe Dameron was the bravest man you had ever met, his daring nature and his fearless personality made you admire him each more every day. But he didn't think so he thought he was just another Resistance Fighter who happened to be an expert in X-Wing piloting. Poe had grown accustomed to your compliments and cute remarks about his skills always causing him to blush and bite his lip in embarrassment. But when it came to you the Poe Dameron of the Resistance was shy and was like the little boy in school who had a major crush on the pretty girl. Well that was true Poe did have a major crush on you but it was oblivious to you and everyone else tried to make you see it. Until one day Finn walked up to you and grabbed your shoulders "Poe does like you Y/n like he has the most major crush on you and he won't stop looking at you when you're in the room. His eyes travel everywhere, he is very protective of you and he always blushes when you compliment him. I mean you do when he does the same to you but-" you sighed and cut him off "Okay Finn I have no idea what you are talking about" you giggled and he smiled and shoved you playfully and you both walked out to the hangar and saw Rey talking to BB-8 and they both turned when BB-8 beeped in delight. "Hey buddy what's up?" you laughed and Rey crossed her arms "He told me about Poe's little mighty crush on you Y/n" she winked and you stood up and smiled "Guys Poe would never like me, we are best friends besides I wouldn't want to jeopardize our relationship. Yes I like him, scratch I love him I have for years but I never confessed because I thought he only ever seen me as a friend. A sister like-figure you know" you admitted and rubbed your arms softly up and down. Rey and Finn looked sad as they heard you speak about Poe "Y/n" Rey whispered you began to tear up "I love his smile, his eyes, I love how he wants to defend all of us against the First Order. I love his daring personality, his charms and his way of showing how he cares. Poe Dameron is the man I have fallen deeply in love with and I know he will never return the feelings. So I am just going to leave our friendship how it is, I feel it will be the best for both of us." you sighed and walked away from Rey, Finn and BB-8 the trio were devising an idea to get you and Poe together.

Poe approached the control room when his breath caught in his throat, he saw you standing there looking at the maps. He walked over and swallowed thickly and he smiled "Hey Y/n, what's happening?" he asked as calm and collected as he could you smiled and shrugged "Just research Leia asked me to look into these planets for backup bases. You know in case something happens" you stated and looked back at the maps and Poe sat beside you and sighed "So how did the mission go successful?" you asked him and he nodded with a grin "Yeah very, General Organa was most impressed hey Y/n you think I would get a promotion soon?" he questioned hopeful and Y/n smiled and nodded "Actually I overheard General Organa discussing promotions yesterday maybe you might be" you winked and he smirked and he whispered "Fingers crossed huh" he nodded and you smiled and nodded in agreement "Yep fingers crossed" and Poe stood up "Mind going for a walk, I'd like to talk to you about something" he held his hand out for you and you tilted your head and accepted his hand and you walked outside to the halls. Emerging onto the natured ground you both sat on the grass away from the base. Poe was nervous he took Finn's advice on how to tell you his feelings, whilst before you went to the control room Rey had done the same thing with you. Speaking of the duo they were watching from afar their plan working perfectly. "Okay, so everything is going good so far. Now all Poe has to do is grab her hand like I said and look into her eyes." Finn spoke and Rey looked at him with an approved face and high-fived him "Nice touch Finn, I'm impressed" she smirked and Finn tapped her shoulder and they watched the scene. Poe took hold of your hands and he smiled "Y/n, there has been something I have wanted to tell you for a while now. I have developed these feelings for you and I haven't known how to tell you afraid you were going to reject me. I always thought maybe you liked Finn or someone else and I backed away. Y/n I love you, everything about you from your sparkling eyes to you rosy lips to your beautiful heart." he asked you and you felt tears and you nodded "Oh Poe I love you too I have the same way I just never said anything because I didn't want to ruin our friendship" you laughed lightly and Poe smirked "Well my darling Y/n will you be mine then forever?" he asked and you grinned and cried "Yes you dork" and kissed his lips he smiled into the kiss and you both pulled away for air "Yeah but I'll be your dork" he joked and you shrugged "I love you, Poe," and giggled and he held your face in his hands "And I love you Y/n" you smiled "My dork" and he laughed with a nod "I can live with being your dork".