Chapter 6

You huffed as you exited the training room along with the other initiates, walking in a soldier like pace as you followed the left, right, left, right pattern of their footsteps. The vibrations of the heavy footsteps bounced off the walls and made your bones rake from excitement. 

“I’m getting major Dauntless vibes.” Johnson’s voice was breathy in joy as he walked with you. 

“Calm yourself, Abnegation.” you rolled your eyes, a small smile on your lips. 

“Aren’t you? I mean, I truly feel like a Dauntless.” Aaron piped up from your other side. You chuckled in agreement as you entered the already busy hall-like cafeteria. A grin broke out on your face as you followed your fellow transfers to the long line to wait for food. 

You realized that you were standing right behind Tris, Mahogany and Christina. You hoped that they were too busy chatting to notice your existence. You were trying so hard to avoid Shawn and they were a part of last night’s occurrence. 

Much to your dismay, it only took them two minutes for them to realize that you were standing behind them.

“(y/n)! Great to see you again!” Tris gave you a hug and Christina followed suit, Mahogany only smiling at you since she’s been with you in the training room all day. You decided you like Tris and Christina’s bubbly friendliness. It was refreshing amongst the other pierced, tattooed and hair-dyed Dauntless. 

“You too.” you returned the big smile. You noticed that your friends had started a new conversation without you. You frowned a little. Your emergency exit just disappeared. 

“So, how are you and Shawn going?” Christina wriggled her eyebrows suggestively. 

“It isn’t really going…” you trailed off awkwardly.

“I’ll say,” Mahogany scoffed. “They were ignoring each other the whole day. It was cute how they were trying hard not to stare at each other.” 

Tris and Christina giggled like school girls. You bit your lip as you panicked, wanting the conversation to already.

“What happened?” Christina asked. 

“Let’s just say boys who are able to be extremely sweet have the capability to be extremely harsh too.” you hinted, not feeling completely comfortable with discussing this. 

“You can say that again,” Tris rolled her eyes. “It runs in the family.” she gestured over to Four who was across the hall, engaging Jacob and Brent in an energetic conversation as you saw how wildly his arms flailed when he talked. 

“Ah.” you nodded.

“We should talk later, you know. I’m sure you need some girly heart-to-heart action since you’re always surrounded by boys.” Tris glanced at the other transfers behind you as she picked up the tray, offering it out to the cooks so they can put food on them.

“Yeah, that’d be great.” your eyes lit up a little, wanting to take a break from boys. “Wait but,” you frowned. “I’ve got training today.”

“Nah, don’t sweat it. We’re only training for half of the day.” Mahogany dismissed, lifting up her tray. “I was gonna tell you earlier but Bart wants to put extra torture to the initiate’s mentality.”

“Awesome. Meet us at The Pit after lunch.” Christina grinned as they walked away with their trays of Dauntless food. You waved goodbye at them.

“So, girly heart-to-heart action, eh?” Matt wriggled his eyebrows once the girls were out of earshot. You pushed him playfully.

~*~