Chapter 3

You sighed at the sight of the empty training room. Since you and Shawn's fight was the last of the day, you assumed Mahogany and Bart had sent them out to rest before dinner.

"Well," you pursed your lips. "I should probably clean myself up." you looked down at your appearance; messy and disheveled from a whole day's worth of exercise and fake beatings. 

Shawn was silent as his eyes filled with guilt. You nodded awkwardly as if to conclude your little moment and turn around, about to walk away but Shawn held onto your hand. 

"You shouldn't go," Shawn's eyes widened, as if he didn't mean to say that out loud. "I mean," he cleared his throat, gathering himself. "You shouldn't go back there. They'd expect you to be beaten up pretty badly." 

"I think my acting skills are pretty fine. I mean, they believed that I was beaten up in the first place." you raised an eyebrow.

Shawn was hinting at something, but did he really want to spend more time with you, some transfer who he didn't have the heart to beat up? He probably thinks you're weak.

Upon the thought, you didn't want to be in his presence anymore. 

You turned on your heels again. 

You were stopped again.

"Please?" Shawn practically begged, a combination of guilt and desperation swimming in his small brown eyes. "You can get yourself cleaned up in my cousin's apartment, that's where I'm staying for initiation." he rambled on to try and convince you.

Your eyes were still, indicating that you were quite far away from convinced.

"It's the least I can do." 

You shut your eyes as you pinched the bridge of your nose in exasperation. "Fine." 

~*~

You admired the simplicity of the little loft like apartment you were in as you dried your hair with the soft towel.

Little lanterns were dangling from the ceiling, an old beaten locker stood at the corner with different articles of clothing lazily strewn over the small opened doors, stacks of newspaper and a variety of weapons laid carelessly on a light brown desk, random shades of black and dark blue embroidered into the throw pillows scattered across a tiny leather couch. How masculine.

You tugged at the oversized sweatshirt and black boxer shorts tied at the left of your waist so it won't fall off of your body. The way the gigantic clothes hung on your small frame-well at least smaller when compared to Shawn-was fitting as you stood in the midst of the messy, yet clean apartment.

Once your gaze returned to the old black leather couch by the end of the room, Shawn gave you a lazy smile. "It's a cute little place, huh?"

You almost snorted at his choice of words. You never quite thought you'd hear a boy like Shawn say such feminine words.

"Cute?" you raised an eyebrow, your lips pursed in amusement. Shawn shrugged in reply, a smile on his face. "Who did you say your cousin was again?" 

"Four." you heard a deep, gruff voice reply from behind you. 

You instantly jumped, turning around. Your eyes widened when you made eye contact with the legendary Dauntless before you. Four; The Great and Honorable, from the stories you've heard in the transfer dormitory.

"You didn't tell me you were going to bring a girl over, Shawn." he tilted his body a little so he could make eye contact with Shawn, who was too flustered to reply. Four smirked as his eyes made their way back to yours. "And who might this lovely lady be?"