SEVEN:PARTY

Alone. I have no problem being alone. Without my dad there and my mom always busy, I was always alone.

I guess I just got used to it. Like how I got used to spending nights in a cell, waiting for my mom to somehow come up with the bail money.

Or how I got used to my mom giving me the same disappointed facial expression after the many times she had to pay someone's hospital bill. I tried to help. However robbing people is just as bad as what I was doing before. But it became an addiction. I stole from everyone and every place I entered.

"Lyric wait!" Summer called after me as I ran out of the restaurant, leaving her there with the bill. She's still my friend after everything I put her and her mother through and I'm still the same bad person.

Someone who couldn't give two shits about how the next person feels. That's how I know my friendship with these boys aren't going to last long.

I take a deep breath trying to wipe away my guilt that is constantly resting on my shoulders no matter how much I smile or make jokes.

I hold my head up high trying to convince myself that I'm ok with being alone in a crowd of people. I walk through the herd of sweaty teenagers heading straight to the drinks.

Parties are my favorite.

A place where nobody cares what you do. As fucked up as it is, it's also thrilling.

I grab a whole ciroc bottle off of the counter and chug it. Soon enough a crowd is surrounding me passing me endless bottles of alcohol while chanting "CHUG!" On my 6th bottle I give and spill my guts on the ground of this persons nice home.

"Lyric?" I look up as someone puts a comforting hand on my back. They pass me a napkin and I wipe my mouth. "Why are you alone? Where is Mercury?" I bring my face to Aaron's. "Mercury is somewhere getting as shit faced as me dude." I slur out throwing an arm over his shoulder.

"Gross! Your breath smells like an atomic bomb went off in there." He said holding his nose with his sleeve. "Don't worry about it." I pull out a small listerine from in my bag and gargle it. I look around for a trash can or somewhere to spit but find no luck. "Where are you going to spit?" Aaron asks backing up a bit.

I turn around and spit the mouth wash on some guys shoes. "HEY!" He whines looking down at his white shoes. "It's ok.... cause I'm drunk." I let out a laugh and walk over to Aaron who is holding back a laugh.

"You kno-ya kno- yaaa know what Jared? I like you. And I want to be your friend forever." I slur giving him a hug.

"Ok. Let's get you home."

"But whyyyy!!!"

"Because my name isn't Jared." He gives me a charming smile and I try to give one back.

"But you look like a Jared."

"I look like an Aaron. That's why my mom named me Aaron."

"It's official! Your name is Jared." He sighs putting his face in his hands. "Yup, you're going home."

"That's what you think." I whisper. Or at least I think I do because Aaron looks at me like I'm stupid.

"No, lyric I'm taking you home." His arms wrap around me, picking me off of the floor.

"Sike!"

My elbow drives into his chest and he lets out an exasperated breath as he loosens his grip on me. I tear away from him and stay far enough for him to see me and not be able to catch me at the same time.

"Ahhh! You got hit in the chest," I sing doing a suggestive dance. "Now you're all out of breath! Think you can catch me? Come on Jared! Let's see." I run away as soon as I'm finished, getting lost in the crowd again.