CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: DYLAN

Dylan knocks again then presses his ear to the door. Slowly, I back away from the peep hole. My eyes scan the room. Another round of knocks. "come on, lyric. I know you're in there." He muffles through the thick hotel door. 

Tears brim my eyes as I frantically shove some of mercury's things into the suitcase. My whole-body shakes as he pounds on the door now. "fuck." I whisper to myself, turning the tv off. 

"lyric, just answer the door." He says some more. 

I hurriedly rush into the bathroom. Steam from mercury's shower floods the entire bathroom and I hear the faint of his singing. "mercury!" he pokes his wet head from the curtain. 

"lyric?" he asks going back to his shower. 

"Dylan is here." I say looking at the bathroom door and gripping onto the front of the sink. The curtains shift and he pokes his now soapy head out. "like, Dylan from jail? Like, crush on you Dylan?"

 I nod my head, hearing faint banging. He hums and goes back to washing himself. 

"w-what are we going to do?" 

"it's ok. After my shower, ill beat his ass." He says calmly.

 I take a deep breath and open the bathroom door. The door knob to the front door is jiggling desperately. I sit down on the bed and bob my leg up and down. "I fucked up, I fucked up." I repeat quietly to myself. 

The last thing I want to do is get caught and bring mercury along with me. But it's too late. They know he's apart of my escape and they know where I am he most likely is. T

he bathroom door opens and mercury stomps out with a towel draped around his waist. My leg stops and I look up at him as he passes me. Mercury stops at the door, looking through the peep hole. 

"lyric! Open the door." 

Mercury turns around and grabs some clothes from the suitcase then proceeds back into the bathroom. After a few seconds mercury comes out of the bathroom in nothing but shorts and snatches the door open. 

"w-what is he doing!?" I say into my cupped hands. 

"what do you want?" mercury asks resting his arm on the door frame. 

Dylan stands on his tippy toes, trying to get view into the room. "where is lyric?" he asks finally giving up, mercury blocks his whole view so he must not be able to see me.

 "who's that?" mercury asks.

 I roll my eyes and scoot away from sight. Mercury is so careless. It's like no matter what's at stake, he just doesn't care. He tried to sacrifice his future by pleading guilty, breaking me out, and now being crazy enough to open the door to a cop. 

"don't play stupid I know she's in there and if you don't let me talk to her ill turn you in." Dylan says with a certain cockiness lacing his voice. 

Mercury holds his arms out to Dylan. "do it." 

Hes really an idiot. 

Before their conversation could get worse I manage to squeeze in front of mercury. Dylan gives me a satisfying smile. "what? You said yourself I don't deserve to be in there. But here you are, trying to bring me back." 

"but it's better for you. You won't have to be on the run and what about your future?" 

"I have more of a future out here than I do in jail." I respond, shaking my head. 

Dylan grabs my hand in his. "then at least come with me."

 "oh nah," mercury says under his breath. mercury slaps Dylan's hand out of mine and wraps one of his arms around my stomach. "leave" he utters before simply lifting me up and carrying me away from the door, slamming the door right in Dylan's face.

 I let out a little scream as mercury throws me on the bed.

 "I'm going to kill him."

 I sit up and stare at him. "why did you do that? I could have got him to leave without pissing him off. Hes probably going to turn us in." my voice rising in frustration.

 "then maybe you shouldn't have come to the door!" he says equally frustrated, stuffing his hands in his pockets. 

"he was about to turn you in." I say looking him up and down. It's kind of hard to argue when he doesn't have a shirt on. 

"who the fuck cares!?"

 "me, you fucking idiot!" 

He sucks his teeth and paces. 

"I care about you," I look down at my shaky hands. "I- I love you." I say nervously gripping onto the covers on the bed. his pacing stops and he puts his hands back in his pockets, looking at me. Silence falls between the both of us.

 "why did you have to say that?!" he asks suddenly.

 I shrug, not being able to take my eyes off him. "what? What's wrong with that?" "nothing, it's just now I want to kiss you but I can't do that because we are both mad." 

Crossing my arms, I shrug again. "so?"

 he jiggles his hands in his pockets, thinking about it. 

More silence. 

He shakes his head before walking over and sitting next to me on the bed. "say it again."

 I give him a questionable look. "I love you?" 

 he brushes a strand of hair behind my ear and slowly brings his face near mine, keeping his hand on my face. I look down at his lips, bracing myself for probably the most passionate kiss I've ever experienced. Impatiently, I lean in. 

our lips brush before another knock and the shouts from Dylan ruin everything. Mercury rolls his eyes and looks at the door while I let out a loud groan. 

I open the door this time, feeling mercury right behind me. 

"Dylan, I'm sorry but-" Dylan grabs my face with both of his hands and presses his lips on mine. He does it so quickly that I have to think about what's going on.

 My face scrunches up in disgust and I use all my strength to push him away. 

Mercury doesn't give him time to utter a 'sorry', punching him immediately. Dylan falls back, hitting his head on the metal rail outside of our door. Mercury doesn't seem to care, throwing endless shots to Dylan's face.

 I wipe my lips with my sleeve and grab mercury by the shoulders. "ok, that enough. He is still a cop." Mercury kicks him one last time before stomping back into the room.

 Dylan struggles to get up, his face bloody and he looks dizzy. 

"do something for me, don't say anything about this, please! You shouldn't have come here and you shouldn't have kissed me." 

He pants, looking up at me, his face beginning to swell. Without saying another word, I turn and walk back into the room, shutting the door.

 "we're leaving." Mercury says then zips the suitcase closed. 

"where?"

 "farther than here."

________________________________________________________________________________________ 

yikes this book is trash. i am beginning to feel like its getting worse the more i update but then at the same time, im so in love with the characters and their relationship.

ANYWAYSSSS

star it.... pleaase??

p.s. (i might end up just stop updating)