CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: OUT

After a Well needed hot shower and changing into my shorts and white t shirt I stomp over to my computer.

All this jail talk and I have yet to complete this shitty assignment. I start typing away. Just imagine the looks of people when they find out what happened.

What will our friends think?

I shake my head at myself. The main thing I should be worrying about right now is the up coming trial.

A soft knock comes from my door. "Come in." I say continuing to type.

"We need to talk." Mercury says lowly, as he stands in the doorframe with his arm above his head looking extremely attractive. His hair is tussled and he smells like soap.

"U-umm sure."

He walk in and closes the door behind him. "Your aunt left a few minutes ago and Andre is passed out on the couch." He sits on the edge of my bed and puts his hands in his short pockets.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask happy that I have a distraction from this assignment.

"What B said today. About my parents." My expression immediately turns serious. Double suicide. I walk over and sit next to him on my bed. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"Well I do. They didn't want me. They didn't even want to live, themselves," He turns his whole body to me. "I wanted to tell you myself." His demeanor is sad  and he looks more tired than before.

"Remember the night I asked to sleep here?"

I nod my head, not wanting to say anything.

"I wanted to come here because I can't sleep whenever I'm in that house alone. I'm not happy there. And I feel the opposite when I'm with you, even if I don't act like it."

He grabs my hands in his big ones. "When we kissed the other night it made me so happy."

My heart is pounding against my chest. He's never been so open and honestly it's a turn on. I've never wanted to kiss someone more in my life. I stare down at his pink lips.

"Say something."

I jump up frightened and getting knocked out of my thoughts. "Uh my bad...if I'm being honest I liked the kiss too." I smile looking down at our hands.

"Really?" I try to answer the question but my words get stuck in my throat as he leans his head into the crook in my neck. His hand slips away from mine and onto my hip.

Oh shit.

A spark shoots through me as his lips connect to my neck and I instinctively put my arm around his neck.

I think I'm going to faint.

His lips work their way up to my jaw line, then to my lips. My heart leaps as he bites down on my bottom lip and I follow him like a dance. I close my eyes holding back a moan.

ASHER!

My eyes spring open as I see Asher's disoriented bloody face. His dead eyes staring back at me.

I push mercury away and take a deep breath. "What?!" He panics.

I shake my head with wide eyes. "Nothing...it's just um.. going to fast." I say trying to process my thoughts.

"I'm sorry." His hand moves away from my hip and I frown. 

Good fucking job lyric.

•••

"I don't wanna go!" I scream as mercury pulls on my legs, while my hands grip onto the pillars of my bed.

"Oh you're going!"

I hold on like my life depends on it as he pulls harder. "I like my bed better!"

Mercury is already fully dressed while I'm still in my pajamas. He lets go and my body flops onto the bed. "Ahhh." I sigh in relief, snuggling into my pillows.

"I'll give you a hunny bun and a lollipop." I turn to him slowly, with my eyes squinted in suspension.

"What flavor?" I ask lowly.

He squints the same as me. "Cotton candy."

I give him a sly smile. "I hate that you know me so well." I spring up from my bed. "Get out! I have to get dressed." I shoo him away.

He crosses his arm over his chest, keeping a squint. "You're so annoying." I push him out of the room and get ready.

After 30 minutes I hear a knock on my door. "Can you hurry up?! We are going to be late." I finish putting my hair into a slick ponytail that ends with a silver puff ball.

"Hold your titties man!" I swing the door open and put on my book bag. "Where is the food?" I ask him.

He doesn't say anything just gives me a quick fake smile that reverts back into a frown.

"Aye! You better have my food!"

He grabs my hand in his, rolling his eyes. "Shut up Lyric."

I narrow my eyes at him. "I'll fuck you up." I say under my breath as we leave out the door.

Before the front door closes all the way I notice andres disgusted stare and guilt sets into me. "I don't want to go." I whine as we make a turn on the sidewalk.

"Well, we are already out the door and almost there." I let out a fake cry and dramatically my head back. "Stop acting like a little kid."

"But I don't want to go!" I turn back towards the house but don't make it far when mercury picks me up and tosses me over his shoulder.

A pang of pain shoots up my ribs. I frantically pat his shoulder struggling to breath. "Ribs! Ma ribs!"

He quickly sets me down. "I'm so fucking sorry, I really forgot." I give him a small smile as the pain resides.

"Kiss it." I pout, lifting up my shirt a little.

"You don't want me to." He says putting his hands on his knees and bending down a little.

"Then rub it." He rolls his eyes, a little smile at playing on his lips. "Fine."

His hands goes to my lower ribs and He rubs them. I notice a tiny shade of pink creeping up on his face as he looks away from me.

"Aww! Blushing." He quickly retract his hand and shoves it in his pocket.

"Rub it again." I say as he begins walking away.

"No lyric."

"Come on, rub it!" I tease as his blush fades away.

"I hate you Lyric."

"Pshhh. You love me."