• Chapter 2 •

"Now don't you understand, that I'm never changing who I am"

• • • • •

I woke up and I didn't feel tired at all. I felt normal. It was weird, but true. I haven't thought about that incident last night anymore, which I felt good about. I was probably just tired from all the work.

I quickly changed myself and went to work.

I walked to work and felt the cold breeze rushing through my hair. My boss, Joan, gave me the key of the shop because I was the one who always started first. I didn't get paid any more than the others, but it felt good that my own boss took me in trust.

This is like an everyday routine. Nothing exciting ever happens.

Half a hour later, the shop was already full. I noticed Luke coming in again and I frozed, but continued working.

"Sorry about yesterday," he said, and leaned on the counter. "I was a bit moody, nothing special"

I smiled slightly, not knowing what to say or do. "How did you know my name?" I asked, looking into his dark brown eyes.

"Well, I've been looking for you for a while now.." His evil smirk came back. I stated back and looked at him with a confused face. "I've got no time for this" I said and turned around to grab some cups for my next order, but he grabbed my wrist. "We've got all the time of the world babe" he chuckled and I loosed myself from his grip. "Kidding, I just heard your name a couple of times, that's all"

James came out of the kitchen and saw me talking to Luke. He looked at me with big eyes and mouthed 'come here'. "I'll be right back" I excused me from Luke and ran over to James. He took me to the kitchen.

"What was that? What's he doing here? What have I told you?" James immediately whispered out. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, he came to apologize," I said and James rolled his eyes. "James, he's just a guest. I don't know much about him, except his name and what you've told me about him.. And remember that you can't tell me what to do"

"Just.. Be careful" That was the last thing he said before he walked away and got back to work.

When I got back to the place where I first was, Luke was gone. He probably left and I would exactly do the same.

• • • • •

I walked back home alone, James didn't wanted to walk with me because he was probably pissed off. I didn't care, I can do what I want. And I didn't believe that Luke is something bad. He may had been in a institution, but some people change, don't they? If people refuse to look at you in a new light, they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you've made. If they don't realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.

"Hey" I heard someone and I looked beside me. It was Luke, "Sorry for leaving, didn't mean to you know, but I had something to do". I was interested in what he had to do, but he probably won't tell me, a stranger, I don't even know him. "It's okay, it didn't bother me anyway" I chuckled and hoped it didn't sound bitchy.

Luke was good looking. His curly hair was messy but nice. His face cached the glow of the street laterns, which made his face even look more prettier. I didn't notice any flaws, and I also didn't notice me staring at him. He smirked a bit, but not in a evil manner. "Sorry if I creeped you out in the first way, it wasn't me" he softly spoke, and looked away.

I didn't understand what he meant, so I just nodded. "What? Don't you believe me?" He said this time, with a bit anger. "No no, it's all okay" I answered back. His eyes turned completely dark. He raised his hand and went through his hair. I noticed some cuts on his wrist underneath the bracelets. My heart sunk.

He may be a stranger, but no one deserves to feel bad. My friend has experienced with cutting too, and it broke my heart. Now I wanted to know everything. But like James said, I had to be careful. I knew his past. Well, a bit.

"I'm sorry, I don't know, it wasn't me, it wasn't me" he slightly shouted while starring at the ground and repeated his words, "It wasn't me, it wasn't me". He looked at me again and his eyes turned normal again. I didn't know what I would expect from him.

There was definitely something wrong with him and I couldn't imagine exactly what. Why was he cutting himself?

"You think I'm crazy, don't you?" He whispered. I shook my head, but he knew I was lying.

"You know that I've been in an instution. You think you know everything from me but you're wrong. They say I'm crazy but I'm more than that"

The institution clearly didn't helped him. If someone didn't help him quickly, he could done things to people around him and himself. He could be dead soon or something.

Suddenly, he started crying and covered his face with his hands. I was surprised. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around him and he buried his head in my neck.

"Luke.. It's okay" I shushed him. I could feel his nails digging into my back.

"I just want to be normal again" He spoke and sniffed. He let go and looked at me. "You're the only one who can help me. I've been alone for so long now. You are my cure"

"I'll t-try my best" I quietly said.

• • • • •

Luke's P.O.V

She waved me goodbye and closed the door. I stood there, for her door, alone. I walked home but I felt my anger boiling up. My demons inside me were awake by now and were taking place and I was furious. My muscles started to show up and I quickly reached my knife, which I always had in my pocket.

I showed my weakness to somebody who thinks I'm crazy.

I saw a man walking past me and lightly touched me, so without resist, I took his arm and pulled him back. He started to protest and shout at me. I stabbed the knife into his chest. "I need help! Save me! Get the fuck out of me!" I screamed and I stabbed him, and stabbed him again. I saw his skin colour slowly fading away. The blood was pouring out and I calmed a bit. I threw the dead man on the ground and pulled my knife back. I enjoyed seeing what I saw. It made the adrenaline rush in my body.

People may thing I'm crazy, it's the truth. But darling, I'm much more than only crazy. Hurt me, and I'll hurt you ten times more. Hurt Mila, and you will be dead.

I just needed someone. I'm all alone. And I immediately felt that connection with Mila. I can't say that I loved her, but I did feel something for her. I wanted her to be mine, because of her, I felt normal. My demons inside me let me speak to her. The real me got to speak.

I wanted her. Now. And if I don't get what I want, then I'll destroy everything that's in my way. Doesn't matter what.

• • • • •

Comment what you think :) Helps me out a lot! Love u all