• Chapter 20 •

"If I told you what I was, would you turn your back to me? And if I seem dangerous, would you be scared?"

• • • • •

"Feeling a bit better?" Luke asked while handing me over a cup of tea. I nodded and took the cup; taking little sips of it as it was still hot.

"I want to visit my parents" I sighed, making Luke look up at me. "Really? Why though?"

"I just kinda miss them," I sighed again,

"But I don't have the money"

"We'll find a way" Luke said making me a bit happier.

I knew that Luke didn't had so much money too. Maybe Jai had? It might be weird but it's okay to lend it from a good friend, right?

"How about having a movie marathon, you and me?" Luke broke the silence and my smile lit up. "Sounds like a plan"

We were watching some kind of crazy horror movie that Luke suggested. A girl was betrayed by one of her best friends and is about to get killed on one of the most brutal ways.

"Luke! Stop this please!" I cried out while covering my eyes. I just heard him laughing. "C'mon the best part comes now" He laughed and tried to remove my hands from my eyes.

I opened my eyes and saw the girl laying on the table with her throat slit open. "Luke!" I screamed of fear, causing him to laugh even harder.

Trust me, I like horror movies and stuff, but I had a weird feeling with this one.

"It's just a movie" Luke shushed me and I sighed. "Can't we just watch something normal? Something like, romantic?" I groaned and Luke licked his lips,

"We can be romantic" he smirked and I laughed sarcastically,

"Funny"

"Well I'm going to get some food- I'm starving. You... Pick an other movie" he said and stood up. I nodded and he left.

Then my phone went off.

"Hello?" I answered while flipping through the box with movies.

"Hey, it's Jai" he sighed and I widened my eyes.

"Jai? Be careful, Luke could've caught us" I said sternly.

"That's why I'm calling you now when he isn't with you"

"Oh. Wait, how do you know that?" I asked and frowned.

"Wild guess." he said bluntly.

"Okay.. what do you want?" I asked, not trying to sound rude.

"I just.. kinda, feel bad" he whispered now.

"Oh did something happened?" I asked again, becoming more curios about what was going on.

I noticed that whenever we have contact, it is always about him.

"I don't know. I just.. I have a feeling that I simply want to give-"

I stopped listening when Luke came bursting through the door with food.

"I have pizza. It was getting cold so I- Hey with who are you talking?" He said and plopped beside me.

"With my mother" I lied.

"Bye mom, speak to you soon" I said to Jai as he begged for me to stay.

I ended the call and placed my phone in my pocket. "So, what kind of pizza have you bought?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Are you okay?" Luke laughed as he noticed that I was a bit pale. "That stupid horror movie.." I covered up and he laughed again. I was really worried about Jai now. I haven't seen him in a couple days but still.