• Chapter 34 • End • Epilogue • A/N •

"A person who loves you truly will never let you go whatever the situation is"

• • • • •

I clasped my hands together, holding it very tight. I looked at Luke who was pacing back and forth. I didn't dare to speak up. He needed to think and I needed some time alone. Although, I didn't like being alone. I always wanted Luke's presence to be near me. After all what happened, we only seemed to survive it. However, Luke made me think he'd rather be with his mother and brother than here. Which I understood, but I was scared that he'd maybe try it, although he said he wouldn't do anything so mindless like that.

I stood up and placed my hand on his shoulder, feeling him tensing up. "Luke.." I whispered, he turned around.

"We should go to bed" I said, according that it was getting very late and that we both needed rest. I saw Luke's expression and that only was enough.

"No. I want to know why Jai did this all. I need to. I need to ravel out all his dirty little secrets. And don't tell me I don't have to because I have. And I won't get rest until I've accomplished that" He replied and turned around, balling his fists. "It's not fair.. It's not fair!" He shouted and panted out. "I know it isn't Luke but please listen to me-"

"-Why should I listen to you? Huh?" He spat and turned around, grabbing my arm. "You are part of this too!" He shouted again. I pulled my arm back. "Don't you remember what you said in the hospital, Luke? That we could go through everything? Together?!" I shouted back, breathing fastly.

Luke looked at me, then looked down and sighed out. "I'm sorry.. I don't know why I'm acting like this!"

"But I do" I started, "You need rest. We will continue tomorrow. Or maybe never. Maybe that's the best. If we leave it behind us"

Luke teared up and slowly nodded although I knew that he wouldn't let it rest. We walked upstairs and Luke collapsed on the bed. I laid beside him and saw him looking at me the whole time. "What?" I questioned while pulling the covers over me.

"I love you" He quietly said and grabbed my hand. His hand was cold and still covered with bandages. I planted a soft kiss on his hand and smiled weakly at him. I didn't know how we could make it through this all; but I surely know we would. It didn't matter if it was the end of us. We could make it through as long as we were together. As long as we both believed in each other and as long as we both loved each other, helped each other and trusted each other. We faced our mistakes and erased them, willing to move on from it. That was good because it was the past and you should let it behind you.
You needed to learn from your mistakes and I think we both did.

"If I die," Luke started, causing me to look at him. "I'd die for you"

I pressed my body against his, slowly feeling his chest going up and down. I heard his heart beat who was slow and I wrapped my arms around him. I didn't want to loose him; never again. He was one of a kind, gentle, caring and protective. When we first met, I didn't know that everything would be this way. In that amount of time, I've faced many things which every human should too. You simply can't trust everybody and once you've broke that trust, there's no healing for it. But the love between Luke and me was so strong; we eventually still managed it somehow.

I'd be so lost without him. He became a part of my life, a very important one. I was willing to fight for him, to move mountains for him. To make him feel alive.

The End.

• • • • •

Epilogue

Mila and Luke grew to each other more and more. They had fully forgiven each other and moved on. They moved from Melbourne to live near Mila's parents. Mila explained them everything and her parents were willing to care for them both. Mila's parents supported her and Luke a lot in their relationship and wished them the best.

Luke was slowly recovering from all the happening since it was a horrible time for him. He seemed to enjoy his life a bit more, but Mila and he couldn't hide one thing: They both were scared. Not for each other, but for the world. Jai left them, being completely scared and anxious about things. Although Mila tried to destroy her fears, she was slowly destroying herself.

They both had been through a lot and after all, their love wasn't shattered. They still loved each other, more than ever. One day, Mila was at home, alone, because Luke was going to therapy to recover from his past. Mila saw a little note on the counter so she picked it up.

'Soon' was written in red letters, making her feel scared once again.

She ripped the paper and began hyperventilating and calmed down after a couple of minutes. The flashbacks ran through her mind, the screams, the blood, the pain.

Little did she know that that note was from Luke who would ask her to marry him soon.

Authors Note:

Hello my dear readers,
I hope you all enjoyed this book. First of all, when I started writing this, I had big ideas but by that time, I grew older: So did my writing. I expanded my writing more and just noticed that I hadn't used such good vocabulary in this book. That's unfortunately not so good so that's one of the things I will look after for my next books (my first book is even worse, I was like 13 when I wrote that haha). But I'm much more adult now and that's how I want to write.

I also lost a bit inspiration for this book at times. I thought that I was such a weirdo for writing this but I saw how you all enjoyed it so that kept me going on.

Once again, thank you for the amount of reads, votes and comments on this book. I hope you all will check out my other book, 75 Days, where I'm trying to write as good as I can.

I even saw that this booked reached #49 in Mystery Thriller one time and that was so amazing!

Thank y'all for everything.

Loads of love,
Angela.

P.S Happy Holidays! See you in 2015 (:

© to LukeysCurls [2014]