• Chapter 21 •

"For all the things I've done, for all the lies I've lied, I was only sure about one thing: That I love you"

• • • • •

I was laying on my bed with my eyes full open. The realization still had to hit me. Luke was peaceful asleep beside me. This was probably the last time I was able to see him.

I don't want to miss him. I don't want him taken away from me. What have I done? Someone manipulated my mind. I now felt how much I felt for Luke. Love. Loads and loads of love. He was different, special, caring. He had no idea what was going to happen. His worst nightmare was about to come true. Guiltiness took my whole body over and I started crying slightly, not wanting to wake him up since I had done enough. I needed to stop this. I was fighting a battle with myself, I was getting crazier and crazier by the day. And who's fault was that? Mines. My whole life has always been my fault.

It's my fault that I let people easily in. It's my fault that I care too much. It's my fault that I love somebody who I don't deserve. Is it coincidence or lack of love? Is it because my fragile little mind can't take too much or because life is supposed to be like this?

I exhaled deeply and looked at the clock which gave the time 4 pm. I groaned and stood up, running my hand through my hair. I slowly walked downstairs straight into the kitchen. I grabbed some milk and poured it in a glass, gulping it down. I placed the now empty glass in the sink and jumped on the couch.

I chose Jai above Luke. I wasn't even aware of it. It was like I cared more for Jai than for Luke.

But of course I was broke of what happened last night. It was like, another knife has stabbed into my heart. I didn't had an idea if my heart was still alive, or barely alive.

I was awaken by someone tugging my arm. I didn't noticed that I fell asleep on the couch, dried tears all over my face with hair straws attached to it.

I opened my eyes and saw Luke giving me a light smile. I sat up and stretched my arms. Luke plopped beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders

"Good morning" he greeted me quietly. I wasn't in the mood to see or hear him. I just wanted it all to be over. That's it.

He lightly stroked me and I leaned on his shoulder.

"I can't even explain how sorry I am" he breathed out and rubbed his eye. He'd cried the whole night long and then fell asleep cause his eyes were still red; so were his wrists.

"No Luke, I am.." I whispered but he didn't seemed to hear it.

We stayed like this for a while but he decided to get up.

"We can work this out, together" he stated and took my hand, wanting my to stay up too. I followed him while he took us to the kitchen.

He opened a drawer and went looking for something I had no clue of. He opened the next drawer and smiled in accomplishment.

He grabbed a satin little box and opened it carefully, revealing a glistering piece of thing.

He picked it up and I now saw what it was.

"This ring was from my grandma, the mother of my mother. She gave me this, so I would never forget her. I of course can't. She gave me this 'cause she loved me, and now, I'll give it to someone who I truly love."

He grabbed my shaky hand and shove the ring on my ring-finger. I gaped and looked at my finger with the beautiful piece of silver around it.

"Luke you didn't-" "Yes, I did. And I should have already done it a long long time ago" he cut me off and placed his hands on my shoulders. Our eyes connected-so did our lips.