• Chapter 18 •

"Forever trusting who we are, and nothing else matters"

• • • • •

Luke's P.O.V

The drive to the place where my mom was staying in was pretty quiet. I didn't say a word, neither did Mila but I didn't mind. Her absence was enough.

I needed her. In a strong relationship, you should love your companion more than you need them. And I do love her more, but I just don't want to flood her over with my problems. 'Cause she really had no idea how truly fucked up I was.

We arrived and I got out, also opening her door as she shot me a weak smile. We walked over to the reception and I started to get nervous. I mean, I get to see somebody who had so much impact on my life. I get to see somebody who raised me up. I get to see somebody who I haven't seen for eight years.

"May I help you?" The lady spoke emotionless. I gulped and looked at Mila. She nodded.

"I'm Luke Brooks, I'm here to visit Gina Brooks" I spoke and the lady nodded. She scrolled down her computer but frowned.

"Gina Brooks? I'm sorry, but she passed away yesterday"

I looked at Mila and she looked at me.

"How come I-I spoke with her a day ago!" I shouted out as I started to panic.

"Officer Brandon will tell you more" the lady said, still emotionless, and pointed to a man in the corner of the room.

The man waved at us and without doubt, I ran over to him. "What happened with my mom?!"

I never expected to say that word out loud.

"Come" he said and lead us to a small room. He closed the door behind me as Mila and I both sat down on the metal chairs.

"The fact that you called her yesterday made her go excited, but also out of her mind. She was clearly happy that you contacted her but she went crazy and we had to calm her down. We injected her but she kept kicking and struggling to get out of our grip. She had too much valid in her blood. But that wasn't the caution." He spoke,

"The medication was infected. We have no idea how" he sighed,

"I'm sorry, kid"

It then hit me. My mother was dead. A knife had stabbed in my heart. But I still didn't knew if I should be happy or not. I stood up and rushed out the room, running outside and collapsing on the ground. I began pounding the ground hard and screamed several times her name.

Someone placed their hand on my shoulder and I looked up who it was. Mila. "I'm sorry" she said as I stood up.

Jai did this, I thought.

"I already feel better"

I took her hand. We both walked to the car and got in.

I started speeding off.

"Something inside me isn't sad. I should be, I was like a minute ago, but not anymore" I spoke and Mila looked at me.

"That's understandable. I mean, I don't know what happened between you two but if you want to tell, than go ahead. You can trust me" she said and I nodded.

Here she is, all mine, trying her best to give me all she can. How could I ever hurt her? But I didn't understand then, that I could hurt somebody so badly she would never recover. That a person can, just by living, damage another human being beyond repair.

I pulled the car over to her house. We both got out and walked in. Without thinking, I pulled her to the wall and hovered over her, pressing my body against hers. I began kissing her neck. I needed to get rid of my sadness. And this was the only way how.

Mila's P.O.V

I of course felt bad for Luke, but this wasn't the way of solving problems.

He began sucking my neck and I couldn't help but moan a bit. I wanted to push him away, but something inside me was telling me that this was right.

"Jump" Luke said while kissing me and I did what he said, wrapping my legs around his waist and grabbing his face, kissing him hard. It probably turned him on since his member beneath me was getting hard.

He laid me on the couch and removed my top, I did the same with his. My mind wandered off, I couldn't think clear.

He planted kisses down my stomach, to the lace of my panties. I felt too turned on to stop him now.

[A/N: Didn't wanted to get too detailed. You can also make something of it]

I was laying on top of Luke while he stroked my back. I couldn't imagine that this actually happened. "I love you" Luke breathed out. A tear escaped my eye.

"What's wrong?" He asked with concern while I sat up and pulled on my bra. "I just don't like the fact we don't tell each other everything -that's all. I do love you too, Luke."

I pulled on Luke's shirt and laid down again. If Luke was planning to tell me everything, than I should do too. But I was honestly scared. I was seeing Jai-behind his back. How was I supposed to explain that?

"I was so scared of someone breaking me that I eventually broke myself" he said, making me look up at him. "But as long as we love each other, everything will be alright" he said while I closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry for your loss" I then said. "It's no big deal.. I guess" he sighed but I knew it bothered him.

"Let's go to bed" I said and wanted to get up, but Luke grabbed my arm.

"Let's stay like this" he said and pulled me back. I smiled.