• Chapter 16 •

"And if you could only save me, I'm drowning in the waters of my soul"

• • • • •

I was sitting downstairs while nervously tapping with my fingers on the table.
I obviously couldn't stop thinking about what Jai had told me. I could barely get sleep. And Luke was only making it more difficult for me. I actually wanted to run away. I wanted to run as far and as fast as I could. From Luke. From the world. I didn't wanted anyone to follow me nor find me. I wanted to be alone. That's all I wanted. Was that too much asked?

But what will happen if I was going to be left alone? Will I cry or smile? I honestly don't know. I didn't knew anything anymore at the moment.

"Good morning beautiful" I heard Luke calling behind me.

I turned around in my seat and saw a wet Luke with only a white towel wrapped around his waist. Water-drops were dropping on his face. His hair messy, but curly. His cuts on his arms were visible, but slowly fading which made me a bit happier. I also noticed that the marks on his neck were too. But I still didn't knew what that was.

"Hello?" He smirked and I shook my head, "Uhm good morning, had a nice shower?" I quickly asked and he walked over to me. "Yeah, but it would be better with you" he smiled and I sighed, shooting him a weak smile.

Please don't ask me what's wrong. Please, I thought.

"Are you okay? You seem pale" he said and went with his fingers over my cheek. "Yes, just a headache, nothing special." I reassured him.

No, it wasn't only just a headache. I was feeling terrified. Terrified to be with him. I wanted him to get away from me. If he could kill his own brother, than he was in state to do anything. But again, I must be with him or he'll make my worst nightmares come true -to kill the ones I love; My friends.. My family..

But one side of me wanted to be with him. One side knows the real him. One side is really in love with him.

"I'll understand if you don't want me. But I will be heartbroken. You are all I ever dreamed of and hoped for. You are much, much more." Luke then said and I looked up at him. "It's.. Not you" I said weakly, gulping hard.

"I love you" He said and hugged me. "I love you too" I whispered. "I'm gonna get changed, unless you want to see me like this all day" Luke laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Go upstairs you little boy"

He kissed my cheek and turned around, walking upstairs.

I miss Beau, but I killed him.

I let out a small gasp. Luke seriously needed to stop doing this, torturing my mind. His voice gets in my head and tells me what he thinks. But he admitted the fact he killed Beau. Why not telling it me?

Luke came running downstairs and wrapped his arms around me from behind. He snuggled his head in my neck and left some kisses. "Mmm I love you" he slurred out, making me giggle a little. I could act all down and sad, but Luke would than definitely notice that something isn't okay.

"Hey I need to go, to a friend of mines. Haven't seen him in ages" He smiled and I nodded. Luke soon left. I didn't bother asking. I didn't bother anything anymore. I felt empty.

I stood up and walked upstairs to the bathroom. I clenched my hands on each side of the sink. I felt sick. Miserable.

For all the times I was there for Luke, he wasn't there for me. I opened the drawer next to the mirror and searched for pills that would ease the pain a bit. Finally, after searching and throwing every other stuff on the ground, I've found them. I grabbed two pills and swallowed them-quickly drinking water after it. I took two more because I didn't knew if it would work in the first place. I felt slightly lightheaded, but it felt also relaxing. I took three more and smiled at myself. Luke made me do this. It was his fault. Or was it mine? I began laughing. I was out of control, the medication took sooner over than I thought.