Sweets

By the time (Y/n) and Crutchie woke up, all the other newsies had already began their Sunday activities. Racetrack was over at Sheepshead Races watching (and sometimes betting on) the horses, Mush and Kid Blink where out getting breakfast before selling, and Jack...well, who knows where he went.

(Y/n) Threw on her new and improved 'newsie girl' outfit that consists of everything a regular newsie wore, exempt instead of pants she wore her regular skirt she had cut and sewd to be more comfortable. She grabbed her bag and whistled to Walnut, who happily came running. Then (Y/n) made her way downstairs where Crutchie stood waiting.

"Ready ta' go?" He asked with a cheeky smile.

"Yep." She replied with an enthusiastic nod. Walnut added a playful bark to show that he was also ready.

"Okay so here's tha plan," Crutchie started, "we'se buy tha papes from this guy Weisel, I'll buy and we'se can split the work since you'se ain't got money. Then I'll show ya how ta' sell papes, and once we'se done, we got the rest a' tha' day off. How dat sound?"

"Sounds good. Let's go!!" (Y/n) said dashing out the door with Crutchie behind her.

Soon the two of them where standing infront of a window with a rather plump man standing behind it.

"What can I do for ya Crutchie?" Said the man whom (Y/n) assumed was Weisel.

"50 papes please Mr. Weisel." Crutchie replied placing down 25 cents.

As Weisel handed them the papers, he noticed (Y/n) standing behind Crutchie and eyed her suspiciously.

"Got yourself a sellin' partner today, eh?" Weisel sneered.

Crutchie nodded and introduced (Y/n) by the male name. "She's gonna be a newsie from now on."

"A girl newsie..." Weisel said with a hint of amusement as the two walked away.
______

"EXTRA EXTRA!! YOUNG GIRL IN BRONX KIDNAPPED BY A MAD MAD!!!" Crutchie yelled waving a rolled up newspaper around. A lady in a pink, frilly dress walked up to Crutchie and handed him a penny. Crutchie gave her the newspaper and tipped his cap.

"Thank ya miss." He said before turning to (Y/n). "All you do is yell the headline at the top of your lungs, but if the headline stinks, don't be afraid ta 'improve' it a bit as Jack says."

"Sounds easy enough." (Y/n) replied, grabbing one of her own papers out of her bag.

She walked over to the other side of the road and did as Crutchie said.

"EXTRA EXTRA!!! CRAZY KIDNAPPER IN BRONX!!! YOUNG GIRLS GO MISSIN'" She hollered, causing two people, a man and a woman, to run over and offer her pennies, which she gladly excepted.

It took the two of them a good two and a half hours to sell all the newspapers. By the time they finished, it was only 1:36 (granted they started at 11:something..), so (Y/n) decided now was a good time to get those delicious sweets from her baker friend.

"Crutchie we'se got alodda time left, mind if we'se make a quick stop on our ways to tha lodge?" She asked.

Crutchie smiled that God given smile. "Where to, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n) led Crutchie to a cute, small, light blue colored bakery with a large display window decorated with pink and white streamers. In the window was several displays of assorted sweets.

'Crutchie's gonna love this.' (Y/n) thought as a giddy smile crept onto her face. She grabbed the handle on the bakery door, triggering a dainty bell to ring, and held the door for Crutchie.