Feelings

A/N: ahahhaaahaha *is crying in the club* also this chapter is more focused on Crutchie's view of stuff.

Believe it or not, Jack and Race weren't the only ones who noticed the tension between (Y/n) and Crutchie over the years. (A/N: shocking right??) In fact, it got so noticeable, that Racetrack had made bets with several of the other newsies in when the two would finally admit their true feelings for each other. Basically every single newsie with a brain could see that the two of them where perfect together; every newsie, except (Y/n) and Crutchie themselves, of course.

"I betcha' twenty five cents that Crutchie will confess foist!!!" Racetrack whispered to Elmer as (Y/n) and Crutchie waved from the other side of the street.

Elmer scoffed,"Ain't no way tha' crips gonna have enough courage ta' do that!!!"

"For tha' love of God," Smalls, a girl newsie, said,"leave dem' two alone you'se guys!!!"

Racetrack snickered and wrapped an arm around the shorter newsie.

"Oh don't pretend lika' you'se ain't want them ta' get togetha' too~" Racetrack cooed.

The other newsies fell silent, awaiting Smalls' reply.

Smalls sighed and smiled, guiltily. "You'se tha' woist, Race.."

The boys cheered and whistled.

"Okay here's tha' plan: We'se gonna help Crutchie confess ta' (Y/n)," Jack whispered then paused and thought,"Or...(Y/n) ta' confess ta' Crutchie."

Just as Jack finished explaining his plan, the two unknowingly victims crossed the street to where the other newsies where.

"Hiya fellas, whatcha hootin' about over here?" Crutchie asked, adjusting his crutch.

"Nothing~" Jack, Race, and several other boys giggled.

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow in confusion, but decided it best not to question them.

"Anyway, (Y/n) and I'se r' gonna go pickup our weekly share of sweets. You'se got any request?"

"GET THA' STRAHBERRY CREAM THINGIES!!!" Buttons yelled as he pushed his way through the crowd of newsies.

"Strawberry thingies fo' Buttons, anythin'else?" (Y/n) asked.

One by one the boys began shouting out the sweets they wanted.

"Let's see, Strawberry thingies fo' Buttons, Cinnamon roll fo' Jack, chocolate chip cookies fo' Mush, Blink, and Skitters, chocolate muffin fo' Race, blueberry muffin fo' Smalls, and the resta' you'se don't care what we'se bring you, correct?" Crutchie recited.

The newsies all nodded in agreement and (Y/n) and Crutchie set off on their journey.

______

The young lady who every Sunday would allow Crutchie and (Y/n) to come in and gather a supply of sweets was now well in her early twenties with one young little boy, and another baby on the way.

The familiar sound of a bell chiming could be heard as (Y/n) opened the door to a small local bakery.

"(Y/n)!!!! Crutchie!!!!" A little boy cheered as the two entered.

Crutchie laughed as the child ran to him and hugged his legs.

"Hiya kido!!!" (Y/n) said, ruffling the little boy's hair.

The two where pulled into that too familiar back room in which Crutchie and (Y/n) had spent many Sundays together; Just the two of them picking out sweets, talking, and falling more and more in love with each other.

"(Y/n), Crutchie, I've been expecting your visit!!!" The now Mrs. Harris said.

"Oh Dashy," (Y/n) laughed, "you'se went and changed ya' last name and- look! Your all knocked up again!!!" She said, gesturing to her friend's stomach.

Mrs. Harris chuckled. "Well that's the price I payed for falling in love~"

Crutchie looked to (Y/n) at the mention of "love" whom at the same time looked to him also, causing the two to become flustered and look away.

"A-anyways...where's tha' Mr.?" Crutchie asked as he grabbed a paper bag for (Y/n) and himself.

Mrs. Harris sighed,"He's off in Brooklyn finning up school. Geeze, and I thought him being a newsie took a lot of our time..."

Mrs. Harris smiled softly as if a memory suddenly came to her mind. Then, her son tugged on the hem of her skirt, asking to be picked up. She took him in her arms and motioned for the two newsies to take their sweets.

"Daddy was newsie?"

Mrs. Harris began to tell stories of the time her husband was a newsie. As she spoke Crutchie and (Y/n) looked to each other once again and giggled. This time neither of them looked away,  but stayed starting at each other in silence with happy smiled painted across both of their faces.

Mid-way in Mrs. Harris' story, Crutchie realized that the way she described her husband as a newsie sounded incredibly familiar, but he decided to ask about some other time, for he was enjoying his time with (Y/n). Something about what Mrs. Harris had said made Crutchie think about how he felt about her. Did he really think of he as just a friend?

'I'se know she's pretty and stuff...' He thought to himself.

The two finished filling their paper bags just as Mrs. Harris had finished telling her story. They said their goodbyes and headed back to the lodge where the others awaited.

_____

"We'se home!!!" (Y/n) said as she swung the door open.

The newsies crowded around the two as they began passing out the sweets. Once they where done, the newsies all thanked them an returned to whatever they previously where doing.

(Y/n) had gone upstairs to change and feed Walnut who, if I may mention, had grown to be  a very lardge dog. After she left, Crutchie rounded up all of the fellas, saying he had something important to tell them.

"Alright Crutchie, lets hear ya' big secret, ah?" Jack said with a sadistic smirk on his face.

"Um..." Crutchie muttered, "I....I'se...I'se..."

"Gwaaah, spit it out already!!!" Racetrack said impatiently.

"I'se...I'se think...I'se think I like (Y/n)."

A/N: Hiya I am The Sicc™️ so sorry if it's crappy but ✌️