A Rooftop Confession

A/N: So my cousin was listening to DEH's For Forever and she thought the line "The entire sun shines on my face" was "The entire sun shines on Mike Faist" who played Conner Murphy I'm dying also hi I'm back

"Ooh hey! This page has my name on it!"

"wAIT DON'T READ IT!!!" (Y/n) said reaching for her so-called diary that she and Crutchie where currently reading through.

"I'm jus' kiddin'!!" Crutchie laughed as he held (Y/n) back with one arm while he held the book out of her reach with the other.

(Y/n) crossed her arms and let out a huff playfully.

"Mmk, so where were we'se?" Crutchie said scooting closer to (Y/n), who also scooted closer to him.

"Here" She said, pointing to a section on the page. "I'll read it."

As (Y/n) read aloud, Crutchie did his best to piece together (Y/n)'s past.

"Wait," Crutchie interrupted, "How come' you'se talk like a poor kid if ya' were some kid genius?"

(Y/n) frowned, "I'se is jus' gettin' to dat'."

(Y/n) read the rest of page aloud to Crutchie. (Who was barely paying attention and stressing about what Smalls said)

"utchie...CRUTCHIE!!"

The sound or (Y/n)'s voice snapped Crutchie out of his thoughts and back into reality.

"Are you'se even listenin'?" She pouted.

"Partly...s-sorry." Crutchie stuttered.

(Y/n) closed the book, using her finger as a place holder.

"I'se dont see tha' point of reading dis' t'ya if your not even payin' attention."

Crutchie blinked twice.

"W-wha- no no, uhm....I guess I'm just a lil' distracted.."

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, obviously asking for an explanation.

Crutchie sighed and stood up.

"Here," He said, taking her hand and grabbing his crutch. "Can we'se go on tha' roof fora while?"

(Y/n) intertwined her fingers with Crutchie's and tucked the book back under her pillow.

"What's dis' for?" Crutchie said with a playful smile as he held up their hands.

(Y/n) blushed and turned her head away.

"I-it's nothin' lets go."

The two opened the door and the sound of many people scurrying around was heard along with several angry cries.

"oW RACE!"

"Elmer go faster they'se comin'!!"

"SSSSHHHH!! Guys shuddup and keep moving'!!"

Jacks voice.

(Y/n) and Crutchie turned the corner to find Jack, Race, Elmer, Albert, Jojo, and...

No Smalls?

Nope, no Smalls.

"Hey fellas," Crutchie started.

No reply. They boys where all just staying there, motionless.

"Whatcha..doin'," (Y/n) added, "on da' stairs...lying down.."

"Uhm," Jack began, as he formed a cheap excuse, "dis' is a private meetin'. You'se two weren't invited."

"Oh, sorry!!" Crutchie said, as if he was completely fooled.

Then again, Crutchie always believed anything Jack said with confidence.

(Y/n) turned to look at Crutchie with an 'Are you serious??' Look.

"Well, Crutchie and I will be on tha' roof if ya' need us." (Y/n) said.

"Alright, have fun!" Race nervously half yelled.

The two newsies slowly stepped away from the awkward group of boys and up the stairs and out the window closest to the latter that led all the way to the roof.

____

"Alrightie Crutchie, what'r we on tha' roof for?" (Y/n) asked as she stretched out her arms.

"W-well..," Crutchie stuttered, "uh..I wanted ta' tell ya' somethin' really important.."

(Y/n) internally screamed, hoping it was what she thought it was.

'THIS IS'A CONFESSION RIGHT??? THIS IS TOTALLY A CONFESSION???'

"M'kay." (Y/n) replied calmly.

"I..I'se was plannin' on doin' it sooner, but...I'se didn't really have the courage before, but I guess I'se do now."

Crutchie paused and scratched his cheek with a shy look on his face.

"So I'se just wanted to tell you'se:

(Y/n) (L/n) I l-"

Before Crutchie could finish an incredibly loud crashing noise was heard from down stairs accompanied with a few screams.

"What was dat'?!" (Y/n) said as she looked down to the floor then back at Crutchie.

"Crutch, uhm..can we save this for later?"

Crutchie sighed and nodded without a word and the two began to climb back down.

A feeling of defeat crept over both beings as they climbed back inside.

'Maybe it's best if I jus' don't tell her..'

____
Yo sorry this ones short and I haven't been updating in a while, I needed to take some time off bUT IM BACK NOW and I rlly love mean girls the musical