Chapter 28

- this chapter is skipped to around a couple of weeks after pearl jam reunited -

"I know you've met Matt, Ben and Kim before but I feel like it would be a great opportunity if maybe we all got together" Chris said to Eddie.

They were sat in the kitchen together, Chris was making something and Eddie pulled out a stall to listen.

"That sounds cool, anyway you've been writing a few songs that would sound pretty cool with that whole kinda mixture effect. Y'know, the sound of both bands"

Chris turned his head over his shoulder and smiled at Eddie "It sounds fun after all. I mean, we've all met each other and maybe if we produce something then who knows? It'll be an album that nobody's really got any expectations for."

"I'll talk to them over the phone tonight and hopefully we could arrange something with some of them" Eddie suggested.

"Sweet"

——————————

"Whatcha doing?" Eddie asked as he leaped onto the bed, resting his chin on Chris's shoulder.

Chris looked to his side and faced Eddie "Oh, just drawing and shit, designing stuff? I don't really know"

Eddie peered down into the notepad, then back at Chris.

"It's great, I like it"

"Thank you" Chris softly said as Eddie kissed him on the cheek and went over to the phone. Chris grabbed his pencil and continued.

"Jeff? Hey, it's Ed"

"Oh what's up?"

"Me and Chris were thinking of doing a small project with a few of us, like You, Mike, Matt and so on"

"Yeah that sounds cool, like a mini thing?"

"Uh huh. We don't really have anything else going on at the moment and it could be something that can take as much time as needed y'know? Chris has been writing tons of lyrics lately and it would be cool to bring the elements of both bands together- only if the others are up to it"

"Eddie, that sounds great. I'll tell the others and get back to you tomorrow morning, if everything goes well then maybe we could meet up and put a few things together or something. Besides, it would be nice for the others to meet Chris."

Eddie chuckled "oh yeah, I forgot you haven't met him yet. Anyway, it was nice talking, I should probably be going now anyway"

"Alright man, see you tomorrow if we can"

They exchanged their goodbyes quickly and Eddie put down the phone.

Chris put the paper into a drawer along with his pen and leaned his head to face Eddie.

"Who was that?"

"Oh it was just Jeff" Eddie told him as he ruffled his hand through his hair.

——————————

I apologise for not updating in a long time, things popped up and I didn't know whether to carry on. Thank you for staying active! 💓