It's Okay

Based off a scene Kendrick is in from Drinking Buddies.

Y/N grimaced at her hand. Earlier, her and her friend Sam were assembling a table at Sam's apartment when Y/N tore her hand open thanks to a rogue nail. "Thank God it wasn't rusted.", Y/N thought to her self. As she drove home, she thought of her girlfriend. Anna was off filming a movie called Noelle. She had been gone for a few weeks but Y/N missed her terribly. Y/N finally made it to her and Anna's shared home. As she parked her car in the driveway, she sat in her car thinking of visiting Anna while she was in set. After deciding to go in and tend to her hand, she got out of her car and entered the house. "Hello?", Y/N said to no one in particular. "Hi!" Y/N was surprised to see Anna walking towards her. "Hey what are you doing home?", Y/N asked. "I didn't mean to scare you. Hi.", Anna replied before reaching up to wrap her arms around Y/N's neck to bring her in for a hug. "Hey what are you doing home early?", Y/N asked "Everything okay?" "Yeah, everything is okay.", Anna replied. "What's going on?", Y/N asked. "Umm..." Anna looked up to scan Y/N's face noticing the dried blood smear. "What happened to your face?", Anna asked. She looked down to see Y/N's weak attempt at a bandage on her hand. Y/N had taken the liberty to wrap some gauze in a bandana around her hand. Anna carefully took Y/N's hand to examine it. "Jesus baby." Y/N whimpered as Anna grabbed her hand. "Careful princess. It's still tender." Y/N said. Anna grabbed Y/N's good hand to lead her to the bathroom down the hall. Y/N looked at Anna curiously as they got to the bathroom. "Have you been crying love?", Y/N asked. "Are you okay?" Anna gathered supplies to fix Y/N's hand. "Yeah, just had a shitty few weeks. Wanted to come home." Anna was avoiding eye contact the whole time while she was speaking. Y/N looked at her confused. "Did something happen?", Y/N asked. "No, it just sucked.", Anna replied. She started to unwrap the bandana around Y/N's hand. "Careful. Like I ripped it with a nail." Anna just nodded and continued her ministrations. "Babe, are you sure you're okay?", Y/N asked. Anna took a deep breath. "When I was in Vancouver, we went to a cast dinner and Ben took me aside to talk to me and we ended up kissing. I had to come home to tell you because it was gonna kill me if I didn't and I don't want to lose you." Anna said. Y/N stood there, staring with a blank face. "I'm really sorry. I know I fucked up and I really want to be with you. I just couldn't not tell you." Y/N still stood confused and a little hurt. At least she told me. Y/N thought to her self. Anna looked up at her with bloodshot eyes. "Is that it?", Y/N asked. "I don't know uh-yeah?", Anna replied. "Are you in love with him at all?" "No! No no no." The couple stood in silence once more before Anna broke it. "It was just a really pathetic, gross thing to do.", she said. "And.." Y/N ran her good hand through Anna's hair. "You're okay Anna." Y/N leant down and kissed Anna passionately. They pulled apart and Anna looked up into Y/E/C scared but all she saw was love and admiration. She stood on her toes and kissed Y/N again, pushing her back to sit on the closed toilet seat while Anna straddled her. They pulled apart once more and Anna buried her face in the crook of Y/N's neck. All of a sudden, the doorbell rang. Anna got up to answer it but Y/N stopped her. "I got it baby. Don't worry." She kissed Anna on the head before walking to the front door to reveal the one person she did not want to see. At all. Ben stood there with a bouquet of flowers. "Is Anna home?" Y/N didn't answer. She just swung and her fist connected with his jaw. "FUCK!" Y/N looked down at her hand to realize she punched him with her bad hand. Anna ran out to see Ben on the ground holding his jaw and Y/N holding her bad hand. "What are you doing here Ben?", Anna asked. "I came to ask you to dinner before your friend gave me a left hook." Anna scoffed. "This is my girlfriend Ben, so no I will not go to dinner with you and if you ever try to pull what you did a couple of days ago, I will not hesitate to call her to beat your ass." Anna slammed the door in his face before tending to Y/N. Y/N was kneeling on the ground, clutching her hand. Anna kneeled in front of her and gently took her hand from her. "Thank you baby.", Anna said. "Now let's go get you cleaned up yeah?" After cleaning Y/N's hand, Anna grabbed their favorite chinese takeout menu to order them some food. Once the food had arrived, Anna went to get and pay for the food only to come back to see Y/N asleep. She smiled and gently woke her girlfriend up. They ate and spent the rest of the night cuddling and stealing soft kisses.