Safe in my Arms

Chloe. Chloe. Chloe. Chloe.
Running back and forth through Y/N's mind was the young girl and how worried Y/N was. Of course she was worried about the other bella's - they're her family after all - but Chloe's different, for one thing: she's madly in love with her. They'd been dating since Chloe's "senior" year and Y/N was falling more and more in love each day. The brunette paced back and forth as Fat Amy explained the rescue mission to her as Y/N nodded along hastily, wanting nothing more than to simply kick Amy's dad's ass and rescue her family and her girlfriend, to hold her girlfriend tightly, to know Chloe is safe in her arms.
"Y/N!" Amy interrupted the brunette's pacing and held her two arms. Y/N looked at her with fury and worry in her eyes and Amy nodded. "We'll save them, don't worry. Fat Amy knows what she's doing. You'll get the ginger back, don't worry." Y/N cringed inwardly at the nickname (she knows Chloe hates it) but she nodded. "Plus if he's hurting anyone I made sure it was Jessica and Ashley, so it's fine."
"Yeah it's - wait, Amy! You sacrificed Jessica and Ash-" Y/N exclaimed before Amy shushed her by pressing her finger on the younger girl's lips. Y/N raised an eyebrow. "No time, we must go."
Y/N rowed the boat as fast as possible, not aware that Amy wasn't doing anything, and as they stood on the side of the ship she inhaled deeply. She knew panic would just make Chloe and the other more nervous, she needed to play it off in her sarcastic Y/N Y/L/N way. Plus Amy had it down-pat, they were going to be fine. After watching Amy put on her serious face she clambered up the ladder, falling behind the unaware Bella's, amazingly subtly.
She caught sight of Chloe, Chloe sat with her knees tucked under her chin and her bottom lip caught under her upper teeth, her normal glowing smile had vanished and her blue eyes weren't sparkling. Y/N noticed the light in her eyes gone but was still just relieved, Chloe was okay. She then remembered Amy's comment before noticing Jessica and Ashley sitting next to each other (despite still not being able to tell the difference) and after doing a head count and seeing all Bella's were present, she felt a twinge of relief.
"Come on guys!" Y/N piped up, all heads turning towards her. Y/N made eye contact with Chloe, seeing the girl's eyes ignite in hope and it made Y/N's heart flutter, but she had to stay focused. She continued talking, averting her eyes back to Amy's dad. "When did you get here?" He asked and she needed an excuse.
"Um.., i've been here the whole time... i'm just... quiet..." She trailed off, and he seemed to buy it. She then quickly winked at Chloe and the girl smiled slightly at her. She gently slid her hand out and felt Chloe's, squeezing gently and offering an smirk of confidence, Chloe's light slowly flickered back to life in her eyes.
After managing to convince the Bella's and Amy's dad for a final performance Y/N stood up and took off her leather jacket. She walked near to Chloe and gently caressed her hand. She locked eyes with her, meeting intense baby blue, and spoke with her eyes when she told her 'trust me, Chlo'. She then tossed the jacket and leaned close. "I won't let him touch you or the rest of the Bella's." But before Chloe could respond Y/N pulled away, offering a lopsided smile.
As the Bella's began to sing Y/N found herself communicating with Aubrey via their eye contact, reassuring her and telling her she had a plan. Y/N then glanced over to Chloe and couldn't resist biting down on her bottom lip. Despite the hostage situation and the danger of it all, Y/N couldn't help but ogle over the way her girlfriend was dancing to Toxic, deciding it was going to be her new favourite song if they got out alive. As she watched along nervously she noticed Amy's dad eyeing her and she had to resist the urge to pounce on him and jeopardise the plan completely at the mere thought that he even thought to lay a hand on her family; the fact that he even thought to lay a hand on her Chloe.
But as Y/N glanced up and saw Amy on the roof, she knew it was go time. As she sang once more she darted back, pushing Lilly and Flo back with her. She managed to yell amongst Fat Amy's war cries and fire extinguisher a: "RUN!" before turning back to the scene. Y/N turned her head and saw Chloe and Aubrey running for the edge. Chloe turned back to look at Y/N but Y/N spoke with her eyes to keep going, the girl gave her a look to read 'are you crazy!' but after a harsh pull on the arm from Aubrey she ran to jump off.
"Amy! Let's go!" Y/N yelled, grabbing the blonde and racing for the ocean. The duo then jumped, soaring though the air, Y/N splashed into the water but not without hearing the painful noise of Amy's collision with the boat they rowed up to the Yatch earlier. Y/N cringed but not without doing a frantic head count. After counting all her Bella's her attention was focused again, her head darting around to find her. "Chlo?" She called, she then saw the redhead swim towards her quickly.
Chloe threw her arms around Y/N and hugged her tightly, Y/N hanging on to the life boat to stay afloat. As they heard the sirens Chloe then slapped Y/N's shoulder.
"You idiot! You could've died!" Chloe yelled. Y/N couldn't help her smile. "You're such an idiot, Y/L/N!" Chloe slapped her shoulder again.
"Ow, woman!" She yelled jokingly. "Hey, the Bella's may be a dysfunctional family, but they're my dysfunctional family and unfortunately I'm stuck with them for life, have been since sophomore year of Barden." She then paused as Chloe smiled at her, shaking her head. "Plus, I had to make sure you were okay Chlo. I swear to God, just the thought of him thinking of hurting you made me want to kill him right there Chlo, I couldn't let him lay a finger on you." Chloe looked into her favorite pair of eyes. "Because I love you so much, and I-"
Y/N lurched forward and kissed Chloe, she placed one hand on the boat and the other around the other girl's waist. Chloe smiled and placed her hand on Y/N's cheek and the other around her neck. Y/N mumbled into Chloe's lips, kissing her harder and passionately. As a light began to shine on the Bella's, Y/N reluctantly pulled away from Chloe.
"Y/N," Chloe spoke warmly, "you're an idiot but oh my god I love you." Chloe sighed. Y/N grinning. "As soon as I saw you on that boat I knew I was going to be okay, because you make me feel safe and I trust you so much and I just love you." She finished, giggling as Y/N chuckled, caressing her face gently.
"You're the love of my life Beale, you can't escape this easily." Y/N smirked, Chloe blushing and smiling bashfully.
As the two were safely back at the base, wrapped up in warm blankets and dry clothes, Chloe was sat comfortably half in Y/N's lap, running her fingers through her damp hair, Y/N placing occasional kisses on Chloe's nose and forehead. Chloe placed her head in the crook of Y/N's neck and hummed softly as all the Bella's sat together in comfortable silence.
"Thank you." Chloe whispered.
"Anything for you, nerd." Y/N replied, burying her nose in Chloe's cheek.