Valentine's Day

Y/N woke up with a start, realizing what day it was. Luckily for her, Aubrey had to leave early to meet with a client. Y/N vaguely remembered the kiss on her forehead as the blonde left, saying something about how she couldn't wait to get home and show Y/N her gift.

Now it all made sense!

It was Valentine's Day.

It was Valentine's Day and Y/N hadn't gotten anything for her wife.

How could she have forgotten? She SPECIFICALLY asked for that day off. It was part of the reason she had been practicing so hard every other day that week.

Wow, I'm ALREADY fucking up at this "marriage" thing, the athlete thought as she hopped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. She needed to make herself presentable before she decided to run off looking for a last minute gift for the blonde.

Y/N meant to get something for Aubrey, she really did. She just got so caught up at the soccer field with the practices her coach had been assigning the team. She wouldn't try telling that to the woman though. Aubrey was serious about holidays, and Valentine's Day was no exception. She needed to figure something out, and she needed to figure it out quick.

She was showered and dressed in no more than fifteen minutes, rushing through the house as she dusted, swept, and tried to straighten things up. She checked her phone and realized she had about an hour and a half before she expected Aubrey to get back.

She quickly shoved the device into her back pocket and grabbed a coat before she walked out the front door, not even caring that her hair was still damp. She decided the best place to go would be Walmart, since it was right up the road.

When she made it to the store, she hopped out of the car and practically ran across the parking lot to the front doors. Y/N made it to the holiday aisle with almost no trouble, weaving through other customers to reach it. She scanned the bare shelves surveying the remaining options.

She didn't see anything the blonde would like. She just saw a bunch of candy and stuffed animals.

She moved on to the gardening section finding a similar scene. Literally EVERYTHING was gone. Y/N decided not to panic just yet, though.

Surely, there had to be something somewhere in Walmart that could make an acceptable gift. She wandered through the store toying with the idea of getting her wife lingerie or jewelry or any of the various things she passed. None of it seemed to be Aubrey's style though.

She ran a hand through her hair, taking a breath as it became clear that she was screwed.

That was when she came across the bakery.

Aubrey DID like cake...

Y/N approached the cake stand and looked over the cakes. Her phone vibrated in her back pocket. She pulled it out to see she had a message from Aubrey:

My Queen: Can't wait to see you ;)

Y/N appreciated the text, but began to panic as she wondered if the blonde had finished up early. What if Aubrey was on the way home now?

"You know...Blondie said you would do this," A familiar voice caught Y/N's attention. She looked up from her phone to see Fat Amy grinning at her. "She knows her wife."

Y/N frowned hearing this. "What do you mean? What did she say?"

"Just that you're not big on romance and that you're a tad bit forgetful...that you would probably wait until the last minute to figure something out for Valentine's Day." Fat Amy admitted.

"She doesn't think I'm romantic?" Y/N felt a little bit hurt by this, but she had to admit it was all true. She WAS lacking in the romance area. And she
WAS there trying to get Aubrey a gift at the last minute.