|CHAPTER 3|

By the time Madeline had came home, I had dressed up in some skinny jeans and a black t-shirt, and was lounging on the couch.

"Hey bestie! Oh-oh wow-um, are you mentally ill?" she asked giving me a once-over.

"Um, no why would you think so? I frowned.

"Honey, no no no! Come let me show you." Maddy said exasperatedly reaching her hand out.

I grabbed her hand and she pulled me into the bathroom to stand in front of the mirror.

"Look! This is a FASHION FAILURE, I repeat a FASHION FAILURE!"

"Ok, ok I get it, but what else am I supposed to wear?" I whined.

"Be right back." she said.

"Ok..."

I looked at myself in the mirror, I was fine right? I mean who actually dresses up at a party, definitely not me.

"Here, this is what you need to wear." Throwing the clothes at me, she smiled satisfactorily, before leaving the bathroom.

She had brought a yellow top, along with a yellow skirt. This may actually look good. Removing the clothes, I placed it on the counter, I put on the clothes Maddy had gave me.

Wow.

This was beautiful.

"Are you done yet! I want to see it!" Maddy shouted.

I winced involuntarily, I struck a quick pose before exiting the bathroom.

"OHHH MYYY GODDD!" Maddy screamed.

"Mad, I'm right in front of you, calm down."

"You look gorgeous, honey! Gosh, I would turn gay for you." she exclaimed.

"Ok I get it, it's almost 5 can we go now?"

"There's this thing called being fashionably late, come, let me do your hair and makeup"

"Fine." I muttered.

I sat out on the bed and Maddy scooted in behind me. She grabbed my hair pulling it up in the air. She looped my air around in a circle, making it into a bun.

"What about my shoes?" I asked.

"I'll get those for you, I just need to your make up."

"Ok."

Sitting up straight, Maddy came to stand in front of me tilting my head back to get better access to my face.

"Close your eyes."

She dabbed some makeup on my cheeks, forehead, and chin. Then she put on mascara and eyeliner.

"Open"

She carefully put mascara on the remaining part of my eyelashes thats she missed.

"Smile."

I smiled, keeping my lips closed as she put on chapstick, along with nude lipstick.

"I think I'm done. Here are the shoes." she handed some zaffre blue shoes.

"Thanks"

I put them on, and stood up, grabbing Maddy's arm for support for a second then walking to the bathroom. She trailed after me.

"Oh my god!" I said, shocked.

"I know! Now shoo! I need to go change!"

"Thanks Mad, and hurry up it's past 5!"

"I hear you."

Closing the door the door behind me I resumed my spot on the couch waiting for her to finish.