|CHAPTER 6|

I dried my legs throwing the towel onto the couch as I passed by, phone in hand, and out the door locking it behind me.

I walked to the neighbor's condo, anxiously turning my phone in my hand as I made my way to their house.

Finally I reached the doorstep, hesitantly ringing the doorbell and stepping away from the door.

I had waited a good 10-15 seconds and was about to ring the doorbell again but the door opened.

Holy Jesus Christ Lord help me.

In front of me stood shirtless with low ridden shorts I held in a gasp as a visible tent was showing you know, down there.

I felt blood rush to my cheeks and could feel myself growing hot.

The person cleared their throat and my eyes snapped up to theirs.

Mr.Collins???

Feeling embarrassed I lowered my eyes and toying with the hem of my tank top.

"Would you like to come in?" he asked.

"Yes thank you." I quietly said.

He stepped away from the door and I stepped inside looking around in awe.

He had a vastly large condo with a spacious living room.

"Your place is beautiful."

"Thanks. Please sit."

" Thanks" I said again.

Nodding his head he disappeared into the kitchen. He must have been cooking something because I faintly smelled something delicious.

I turned my attention to the TV it was showing a countdown before an NBA game starts. I happen to love watching basketball games so I was pretty intrigued when I saw Steph Curry shooting his famous 3's for practice.

He shoots, He scores!

"My favorite team is Cleveland Cavaliers." Mr.Collins said.

I gasped at him, "Take it back!"

He furrowed his eyebrows at me, "Don't tell me you're voting for Golden State."

"Of course I am, why not? I mean have you seen Steph Curry?" I made a heart with my hands as I mentioned his name.

His nose crinkled, "So you only like the team because of Steph Curry?"

I rolled my eyes in disbelief, "Steph Curry is not the only reason why I like the team, what about the Splash Brothers!"

"Cleveland Cavaliers is still the best." he muttered getting up from the chair and into the kitchen.

"No it's not!" I shouted back.

Returning my attention to the TV again the countdown still had 30 minutes to go. I guess I'll just watch it when I get home.

Mr.Collins entered the living room again scratching his neck almost nervously? His eyes met mine and his cheeks turned slightly red.

"Um," he cleared his throat speaking louder he continued, "do you mind eating dinner with me?"

"Really? I would love too!" 

He chuckled in what seemed to be of relief before gesturing towards the kitchen. I got up from the couch following him as he pulled out a seat for me.

He cooked one of my favorites, lasagna!

Noticing the smile on my face he asked, "You like lasagna? I hope this was okay."

"I love lasagna, it's perfect." I replied looking at the lasagna hungrily.