|CHAPTER 5|

"Um, hi." I said awkwardly.

There was silence, only the sounds of the elevator moving was heard. I sneaked a glance at him, he was eyeing my Wingstop box. Unconsciously I moved the box closer to me.

"Wingstop...you like Wingstop?" he asked.

"Yes-Yes sir."

Silence elapsed between us again.

"What did you get?"

I glanced at him questioningly before reciting my order.

I saw his eyebrows raise up in surprise, he said, "Nice, I got the same thing."

Nodding my head, I patiently waited as the elevator, continued moving.

33...34...35...

"Have you finished the files I gave you?"

"No, sir, I'm halfway finished."

He nodded, looking away again.

This was extremely awkward. When was the elevator going to reach the 54th floor?!

48...49...50...

"Stop by my office later today, I need to go over some stuff with you."

"Yes, sir"

The elevator opened, finally reaching the 54th floor, he gestured for me to go first, I went ahead, walking quickly back to my office.

I was reaching out to open the door when someone reached out to grab my elbow.

"Ms.Diamond."

I recognized the voice immediately. It was Mr.Collins. I groaned inwardly, can't I just eat my wings in peace!

I turned around facing him.

"Yes sir?"

His lips curled into what seemed to be a semi-smile.

"Enjoy your lunch."

He looked as if he wanted to say more, but he stepped back, giving me one last glance, before returning back into his office.

Is he bipolar? Acting cold to me before, but here he wa smiling, and acting friendly.

I pushed the thought aside, going inside my office to eat my precious wings.

*

I sipped my sprite again, the refreshing liquid healing my parched throat.

Setting it down onto my desk I sent my last email, arranging the files neatly clumping them together, locked my computer, and made my way to Mr. Collins office.

I knocked stepping away from the door. I heard voices come from inside the room, so I decided to knock again.

The voices continued without interruption. Hesitantly I looked around me to make sure no one was in the hallway and placed my ear against the door.

"Mr. Collins!" A voice shouted.

I think I recognized the voice, it must be that girl from the morning I had met.

"Take your f**ing clothes off." a gruffly voice said.

"Mmmmm-yes sir!" she responded quickly.

I stepped back from the door immediately. Were they having sex?

Blood rushed to my cheeks, and I rose my hand to knock once again.

"Hunter, faster! F*ck I'm going to-"