|CHAPTER 9|

****NoT eDiTed****

[RECAP]:

I sat down in my chair, drumming my fingers along the desk. It finally loaded, and I opened my email clicking open the one from Mr.Collins.

It said:

"By 10:30 a.m. you should be finished with all work. We are going to shop for dresses."

Dress shopping?

Oh lord.

*

My mouth opened in shock rereading the email again. Yep I wasn't dreaming. Just to make sure I pinched myself just for a good measure. Yeah definitely not dreaming.

Shaking out of my trance I headed over to the file cabinet and proceeded to look for the files: L7856, C8765, and X7895.

Only finding two of the files, I bent down to reach the bottom cabinet, searching the the files. My back started to strain so I squatted down, still searching.

An incessant cough came from behind me.

Startled I turned around quickly, twisting my ankle in the process. "Owwwww" I moaned, holding to my ankle.

"Ms.Diamond! Are you okay?" Mr.Collins asked.

I fixed a sharp glare in his direction, his eyes filled with worry. "What does it look like!" I snapped.

He held his hands up in a 'surrender' motion. "Just checking." He watched me as I tried to stand up clutching the wall for support.

He made a move to help me up before I felt another sharp pain in my ankle. A pained hiss escaped from my lips and I fell forward into his outstretched arms.

"Woah there. Do you think its broken?" Mr.Collins asked holding on to me and wrapping an arm around my waist.

I shrugged my shoulder in response feeling a shiver went up my spine, his touch tingling my waist. He led me back to my chair propping it up on the table.

"Stay right there, I'll be back with some ice." he said.

I nodded, watching him leave, then massaging the area around my ankle. My skin appeared to be red and I winced at the thought of my ankle being seriously damaged.

Mr.Collins came back an ice bag in hand placing it on top of my ankle.

He stood up looking at my ankle questioningly and back at me.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"You're still up to go dress shopping?

*

"I can't believe you forced me to go dress shopping with you!" I shouted angrily, slamming the door closed behind me and walking tentatively on my hurt foot.

"I didn't technically force you-" he paused, "Forcing you would mean putting a gun to your head."

I scoffed walking ahead and dragging my ankle behind me.

"Are you sure you are ok?" He kept pace with me, making long strides with his legs.

"Yes." I muttered.

"If you say so." he muttered back, holding open the door for me and stepping inside.

As soon as we stepped inside the store manager greeted us with a smile, "Hello, how are you today?"

"Good." we said in unison.

"That's great," she pointed her finger towards the back of the building, "there you will find any dresses that you are looking for."