|CHAPTER 14|

Enjoy.

*

[RECAP]:

He came even closer, our noses touching like in an eskimo kiss. Then his head dipped, his lips pressing to the corner of my lips, and he held it there for more than a few seconds.

Surprisingly I felt myself relax into his hold, and my eyes fluttered closed by the fact he almost kissed me.

When he let go, my eyes flew open to meet his own, and my stomach seemed to be like a zoo right now. I'm pretty sure I looked like a hot mess right now, but his eyes were tender? We continued staring at each other until he broke the silence.

"Let's get out of here."

I had never been so happy to hear those words come out of a person's mouth.

*

Immediately after we came down from the stage, people immediately started clapping, hooting, congratulating me and Hunter.

I almost immediately ducked my head, feeling a bit overwhelmed, and watched my feet walk across the floor, sometimes glimpsing Hunter waving to the crowd.

Then suddenly my feet were airborne, and I found myself in the arms of Hunter.

"HUNTER!!!" I whisper-yelled.

"What?" he said innocently and kissed my cheek, "Wrap your arms around me, to make it look convincing..." he trailed off, smiling at a few people as he passed by.

The whoots and cheering got louder as we continued down the path, nearing the exit.

Grudgingly, I wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my face against it as well, trying to hide my face from view.

He chuckled, and I felt his body press forward, to push through the exit door, and finally he set me down. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding, and adjusted my dress.

A moment of silence passed between us as Hunter pulled his phone out to call his driver. He put his phone back in his pocket, and gave me a sidelong glance before looking away.

Soon after, his driver pulled up. He opened the door mentioning his hand for me to go inside.

I managed a small, 'thank you', and pulled my dress from behind me and into the car, with Mr.Collins entering after me.

"Hey Jeff!" I exclaimed, pleased to see him again.

"Hello miss," I gave him a pointed look before he corrected himself, "I mean, Hello Tiara."

I grinned and sat back in my seat, "So...how was your day."

"Good." he responded. "And you?"

"It was...nice." I sneaked a peek at Mr.Collins, but he was engrossed in his phone.

Sighing I looked out the window as we pulled away from the curb.

"Where to Mr.Collins?"

"My place." he said looking up quickly then back down to his phone.

Jeff continued to drive, speeding into the night.

*

Finally, my apartment came into view as Jeff pulled up the street, pulling into the curb of Mr.Collins condo.

When he finally stopped the car, I was all too happy to leave and get to bed. I quickly exited the car, from my side, closing the door and bidding a quick goodbye and thanks to Jeff and a goodnight to Mr.Collins.