|CHAPTER 13|- PART 1

Special chapter! I have entered my book into #Wattys2018 please be sure to tag/vote for me! It would mean a lot!

Love ya xoxo
-Starlight87

*

[RECAP]:

I nodded my head and said, "I agree with your terms."

He grinned grabbing my hand, and leaving a large sum of money on the table, "What do you say we give those people at the ball a show?"

I smiled lightly, "Absolutely."

*

The drive to the Charity Ball was relatively quiet, yet peaceful at the same time. Mr.Collins had enveloped his hands into mine, placing our connected hands in between us. This helped calm my nerves a little, and I could see a small smile on Mr.Collins lips.

Before I knew it, the driver had announced that we have arrived to our destination. Tightening my grip on Mr.Collins hand, he turned and gave me a reassuring smile. The he paused, turning back to me and pulled a pair of sunglasses from his suit pocket and quickly put them on me.

I smiled thankfully then saw him do the same, giving me one last glance, he knocked twice on the door, and the door opened to reveal the flashing lights of paparazzi.

Taking a deep breath I pushed myself out of the car, firmly grasping Mr.Collins hand. I hesitantly stood beside him, the lights blinding me for a moment, before I felt a tug on my hand and I followed in their direction.

From around us, a series of paparazzi were shouting questions like:

"Are you his new girlfriend?"

"Hey, what's your name!"

"Are you guys dating?"

"Are you pregnant?"

That last one, I am sure was directed at me. I didn't reply to any of them and simply kept my head down, following the hand that was connected to mines.

Soon I had felt a sudden change of atmosphere and the flashing of paparazzis were also gone as well and was replaced with soft music.

I swayed still disoriented from the the lights, and I felt soft hands envelop my waist.

"Are you ok?" Mr.Collins asked.

"Y-yeah I think so." I said unsteadily.

I heard a soft sigh leave his lips before speaking again, "You're still up for the ball?"

I raised my head up to his, connecting my eyes with his, "Of course I am, Mr.Collins, I wouldn't have come all this way for nothing."

Mr.Collins eyes flashed, and tightened his arms around me. "Don't call me Mr.Collins unless we're in the office, for now, call me Hunter since you're my-"

"Fake girlfriend?" I interrupted.

He nodded looking at me weirdly before pulling me closer to his body and pulling me along with him inside the building.

"Here goes nothing." I muttered to myself.

*

Bright lights filled the room and as soon as the lights hit us it seemed as if everyone turned to look at us.

I gripped Hunter's forearm and he turned to give me a reassuring smile and leading me to a reserved table in the back.

I looked at him in confusion, "We're sitting down already....not that I'm complaining."